Wednesday 20 April 2011

My First MAC!

Hey ladies!
So you may remember from my London day out post that I had a cheeky look in MAC, Westfield recently! Now, I'm all for beauty on a budget, but there's a few MAC products I've read about in my time that have really stood out for me in terms of quality & value for money. I couldn't resist picking them up.

They are...

...Mac's eyebrow pencil and Lustre lipstick. Read on for reviews - picture heavy :)

Eye Brows in Lingering - £11.50
I've never used an eyebrow pencil before really - I always just use my eye-liner pencil instead! But recently I've learnt that an eye-liner pencil is too chubby and mine isn't quite the right shade for my eyebrows, either.
I picked up the shade Lingering. I've read on Kim Kardashian's blog that she uses this shade and No7 Creative Director Lisa Eldridge says she uses it, too. Oh, and Holly Yummy Mummy! It must be popular for a reason...

It's a very thin pencil, well it's not a pencil because you twist it up, but it looks like a pencil :) It's tiny though!

Here's my eyebrows before...

and after...

Much thicker, darker and more filled-in :)

Here's both eyebrows before...

and after...

They look so much better! This is definitely the shade for me, and even looks 100% natural against my newly bronde hair! I can tell this is going to be a repurchase...

Lustre Lipstick in Syrup - £13.50
Everyone seems to own a MAC lipstick, with Angel, Creme Cup and Russian Red some of the cult shades. However, every time I visit a MAC counter, there's only one that stands out for me...

... Syrup! I don't know why but every time I visit a MAC counter it's always the first one I pick up!

Here it is in all its glory...

Here's the product without flash...

and with flash...

In my opinion, it's a very natural-looking rose pink. Perfect :)

Here are my lips before...

and after...

A dark, shimmery rose!

It glides on so nicely - I'm definitely a fan of the MAC lipstick! Sadly I won't be buying any more in the near future unless I get a sudden wad of cash in my pocket! Until then, I'll stick to my high street faves - Rimmel, 17 and Bourjois :)

What do you think of my first MAC purchases? What are the MAC must-haves I should know about?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

3 comments:

  1. I can't live without my lingering eyebrow crayon. I've been using it for years! NHG x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your purchases, I know that no matter whether I'm doing beauty on a budget or whatever I will always keep buying MAC's eyebrow pencils because I haven't found anything that matches it in terms of quality and the fact that it actually matches my eyebrow colour perfectly. I'm gradually buying more lipsticks from there because there's something really addictive about the vanilla-ery scent lol My bank balance is starting to complain though... My fave shades so far are The Faerie Glen and Impassioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NHG Absolutely agree with you, use it every day now! Ps. Just found your blog, too :)

    @Rachel Thanks love, do you use Lingering as well? I tried Fling but it was way too light! It's perfect! Ooh OK - haven't heard of The Faerie Glen before but will give it a try! If you know one with a similar colour to 17 Beehive (kind of a glossy nudey pink) I'd love to hear :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete