Saturday 23 April 2011

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer: Review

Hey girls!
If you're an avid follower of my blog you'll know I swear by Benefit's Boi-ing concealer! I literally use it every time I do my make-up (daytime or night!) I've used it for a few several years now and I've never really questioned it. Boi-ing is designed to cover blemishes (it includes an antiseptic) but I use it for under-eye circles as well. Boi-ing is amazing at covering blemishes - literally if I have a whole chin full of spots they're gone in a few seconds - but I've begun to question its usefulness as an under-eye concealer. Sometimes it goes really cakey and doesn't seem to blend very well...
I use it in shade 02 Medium, which I believe is the right shade for me.
It comes in a swivel type pot and I apply it with my fingers (I've tried using a concealer brush but it doesn't really make a difference to me. Here I've tested it on my under-eye circles...

1) Here's my under-eye circles before...

and after...

2) My under-eye circles before...

and after...
As you can see, I get pretty bad dark circles under my eyes, but I don't really think Boi-ing makes all that difference, do you? I might try MAC's Studio Finish Concealer or Benefit's Erase Paste instead. I prefer the creamy pot type formula for dark circles, rather than a liquid formula like the Touche Eclat... I don't know why!

Have you tried either of these? What would you recommend for dark, under-eye circles?

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. I just bought it last week:) Shade 2 as well. And I adore that product!!!:)

    Best wishes and happy Easter!:)
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it would be a lot better considering the price & brand xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by this too! Its the best concealer ive tried for a long time, and a definate repurchase xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Supergirl It is amazing!

    @Kia I know what you mean, think I'm going to try MAC next...

    @Daisy I don't think I'll ever live without it, but I'm too scared to try other ones! I should probably test some more out really, ha!

    xo

    ReplyDelete