Thursday 28 April 2011

Blog sale buys...

Hey bloggers!

How much do you love blog sales?! You know what they say, one person's rubbish is another's gold! I thought I'd give you a little peek into my bargain blog sale buys :) Postage for all items cost me £1.50 each, and 50p for each additional item from the same buyer.

Prestige SunBaked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Glam Tan - £4
I've wanted this bronzer for ages after seeing it on Bubblegarm's blog. I've picked it up in Boots a few times but 9 odd quid or however much they were charging seemed too much for me, even if it is mineral! I spotted this on Holly's blog and bought it straight away!

Here's my face before...

and after...
As you can see, it's VERY dark! Perhaps it was suited to Muhsine's (Bubblegarm) tanned complexion slightly more than mine! It's certainly not a daytime natural bronzer, but I reckon it would suit a night-time look as it's similar to Benefit's Hoola :)

Eyeko Vintage Polish - £3
Next I picked up Eyeko's Vintage nail polish. It looked like such a cute, summery colour... How could I say no? I've only ever bought Eyeko once before when I purchased some glittery, vampy colours! This colour definitely took 2 coats, but then I loved it :) A very creamy mint green, lovely!
Rachel was also kind enough to send me some little goodies for free as well; a mini Origins scrub and REN cleanser and detox mask! These will be perfect for taking on my travels!

Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry - £1.50
This has to be my ultimate favourite blog sale product, and it was the cheapest... Result! I picked up this Stila lip glaze after reading somewhere that Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez deliberately went out of their way to buy these when they came over to the UK recently! If it's good enough for them...

Here's my lips before...

and after...
It's gorgeous! A perfect, shiny gloss, and not sticky at all. It glides on a dream! My only qualm is that it gets used up quite quickly, I expect I'll be making a repurchase soon!

17 Lasting Fix Lipstick in Dreamy - £2
I read great things about 17 Lasting Fix Lipstick on Lisa Eldridge's blog and I figured it's worth a try for £2!

Without flash...

With flash...
I'd say it's more true to the first pic. I thought it would be a creamy, nudey pink... I was definitely wrong. It's a kind of candy pink.

Here's my lips before...
and after...
Aah, very bright! I tried to tone down the pink a bit by adding 17's Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive, from my 17 haul.
Much more natural, but not something I think I'd wear in the day. Perhaps in the evening when I'm prepared to take more risks with my make-up, we'll have to wait and see :)

Benefit Her Glossiness Lipgloss in Who Are You Wearing? - £2
The last thing I bought was this Benefit lipgloss from Cherry for £2. I saw Benefit+Lipgloss+£2 and thought bargain! Benefit liplosses are some of my ultimate faves, however they've discontinued my fave line 'the gloss' :(

Here's my lips before...

and after...

Actually very similar to the Stila lip glaze, this smells like my fave Benefit lipgloss! YAY! A glossy pink, perfect for popping in your handbag for nights out... Thanks, Cherry :)

Have you bought any blog sale bargains recently? What blog sales should I check out?

Let me know :)

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I love the bronzer on you it gives such a healthy glow. And the lipgloss is so pretty!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy as a bee! :) thanks! woop, some good finds xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stila Lip Glaze looks gorgeous! Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gaby I know it was such a fab find! xo

    ReplyDelete