Wednesday 20 April 2011

Bronde...

Hey girls!

Surprise!!!

Last week I got a half-head of highlights... woop :) Excuse the gross photo, I'd been out all day and wanted to show you my hair fresh and cut :)

Sadly, as my hair has been dark brown for a good few years now, the blonde wasn't as bright as I was expecting...


... a term which I would describe as 'bronde'!

Browsing the net, I learnt 'bronde' is actually a hair trend among celebs including Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Lopez and Natalie Portman. Who'd have thought?

I stocked up on some products in Superdrug to treat my newly-dyed locks... The shampoo & conditioner I'm currently using (Schwarzkopf Yoghurt) is for colour-treated hair and I love it so I didn't need to buy any more of that :)

Batiste Blonde Dry Shampoo -£3.05

I'd seen this reviewed on Holly's The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog and she'd been quite fond of it, so I thought... I'm blonde now (well, sort of!) why not?! I haven't used it for touching up my roots, as you'd expect, but it's a pretty good dry shampoo! I knew I could count on Batiste :)

Nice 'n Easy Colourseal Gloss for Brilliant Blondes - £1.01
I've never used the Blonde version of this but I've used the Brunette version in the past - you may remember it from my Top 10 £1 Products :) It's fab, you only need a tiny bit and it really nourishes your hair as a deep conditioning treatment...

John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray - £6.99
This is a new product out that was on offer in Superdrug! I've read about it loads in magazines as something to lighten your ends with (when the whole dip-dyed ends thing was around) and I'd even written about it in my column in Nerve. You just spray it all over towel dried hair, comb through, blow dry and it's supposed to significantly lighten hair... Haven't noticed anything yet, though!

I also got a free French Manicure with my haircut... yay!
Lovely neat nails, very Kate Middleton I thought! :)

What do you make of my 'bronde' locks? What would you recommend for colour-treated hair?

Leave your comments below :)

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. your hair looks lovely! where did you get it done? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Meg! My mum's friend did it round her house :) I have her number if you're interested in the future! Xxx

    ReplyDelete