Wednesday 27 April 2011

Barry M Touch of Magic & Peach Melba nail paint...

Hey girls!
I picked up some Barry M items in Superdrug recently after reading about them on a couple of blogs :) I've always been a fan of their nail paints, they're so cheap and the colours are always on trend. I couldn't wait to get my hands on their new shade Peach Melba. I also picked up their Touch of Magic lip paint because I liked the idea of a natural-looking lip stain. Here's my thoughts...

Lip Paint in Touch of Magic - £4.50
Yes, that's right, it's not a trick of the camera... It is actually green! It reacts to the alkaline levels in your lips to create a natural shade that's suited to you.

Here's my lips before...

and after...
It's crazy how quickly it works, it really is a 'touch of magic'! It's a lovely fuchsia shade, I think it looks really natural on my skintone and would suit anyone!

I realised I don't often include full face pictures when I do lip shots, so here are a few to give you an idea of what it looks like...
Aside from Barry M Lip Paint in Touch of Magic, I'm also wearing...

On my FACE - Stila Oil-Free Sheer Color Tinted Moisturiser in Tone (Medium 01), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02 Medium. Gosh Natural Touch Cream Blush in Peachy Rush. Nars Mini Multiple in Copacabana.

On my EYES - Urban Decay baked e/s in Buck all over lid, Avon Color Trend Double Ended Kajal Stick in Brown on upper lid and lower waterline and No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara in Brown. Mac Eye Brows in Lingering.

Nail Paint in Peach Melba - £2.99
I read that this shade was quite hard to come by, but there were quite a few of these left in my local Superdrug :) I figured it would be a lovely, natural summer shade that would go with anything. I was quite disappointed at first, it was really runny and required at least two coats and went all over my cuticles. I've grown to love it though, and I do love the shade... It just takes a good few coats!
Here it is with Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine top coat from my Fragrance Direct haul :)

I was interested in Barry M's Lip Paint in Peachy Pink but after reading a few reviews online, it appeared very drying and flaky. I prefer a nice moisturising lip colour if you ask me!

Have you tried these products? What are your favourite Barry M buys?

Love,

Sophia

xo

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I've read about this lipstick, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this lipstick before but been dubious as I'm so fussy about my lip colours! It looks lovely on you though :) I love Barry M nail polishes- also their lipglosses, they smell good enough to eat! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen Touch of Magic before but looking at it on you I'm seriously interested. Adding it to my shopping list RIGHT NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peachy nail color. I feel like I have every shade of pink for spring, I might have to grab this peach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cherry Thanks love! Wasn't sure at first!

    @Corrie Thank you so much! I really want to try their Strawberry Milkshake lipgloss... But I know I don't need it! lol!

    @Konni Haha do it! Even just for the magic factor, it's fascinating!

    @Michelle I love it, too! It goes with everything! It's so pretty :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Touch of Magic looks more neon on me, but maybe it's because I'm so pale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely nail varnish shade:)
    I haven't tried nothing more from BarryM but nail polishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that lipstick looks so good! Very impressive stuff. I some Barry M nail varnishes recently and love them. They have such good colours.
    Sami xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lipstick is beyond cool! Lovely colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Gaby It's so weird how it looks different on everyone! It's hard because you can't swatch it in the shop!

    @Supergirl Yeah I was the same basically, I'd only tried the nail paints!

    @Sami Thanks Sami, I love this shade now :)

    @Christina Thank you! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail polish looks gorgeous on you! I wish it was actually for sale in any shops near me! x

    ReplyDelete