Monday 4 April 2011

Fragrance Direct haul...

Hey bloggers! :)

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! I moved back home on Thursday for Easter so I've been unpacking and spending time with my fam. It was my sister's 12th birthday on Thursday, and my boyfriend's 21st yesterday (and Mother's day of course!) so I've been very busy!

I've had some time to do a spot of online shopping, though! I've never bought anything from Fragrance Direct before but I do check out their website most days. Everything is heavily discounted, but sells out SO quickly - I had my eyes on some Bourjois and Maybelline lipsticks for about a pound recently and they had sold out the next day. If you see something you like on there, I'd recommend buying it ASAP to avoid disappointment! Delivery costs only £1.95 and the package arrived within a few days :)
It was all packed up in foam (similar to Lush parcels) and it made it a real treat to open!

Here's what I picked up...

Rimmel Moisture Renew Bronze Lipstick in Summer Angel - 99p (RRP £4.99)
I picked up 2 lipsticks from Rimmel's Moisture Renew range. Checking the website often, I knew these were new in and would sell out quickly! At 99p, they were a snip of their retail price!

Rimmel says...

"Get ready for summer with Moisture Renew Bronze shades with SPF20 and collagen. Infused with 3 super moisturisers for lips that are up to 70% more hydrated."

I'd seen Summer Angel on Anna Saccone's blog and I knew it what was one of her favourite shades. I had to have it!

Here's my lips before, with just a hint of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Protectant as a base...

and here's my lips after...
I would describe Summer Angel as a muddy nude-pink. It's shimmery as well, perfect for summer methinks :)

Rimmel Moisture Renew Bronze Lipstick in Rose Bikini - 99p (RRP £4.99)
I also picked up Rose Bikini from the same range. I'd seen this on Anna's blog too and it looked like a really pretty, girly shade. Here's my lips before with the 8 Hour Lip Protectant...
and here's my lips after...
I definitely prefer this shade out of the two, it's more "me" :) A very natural, shimmery rose pink. Right up my street. They're both so moisturising, I can't wait to pop these in my handbag for summer! It might even replace my trusty Vaseline Rosy Lips!

Rimmel Metallic Eye Gloss in Portobello - 99p (RRP £3.49)
I also picked up a creme eyeshadow from Rimmel. I remember these from when I was a child and they've since been discontinued. I love a creme eyeshadow for a night out, it just looks more glam!

Here's what Fragrance Direct say about the product...

"A soft and creamy metallic cream eyeshadow. Easy to blend colour, lasts up to 8 hours."

I chose the shade Portobello because it looked like a lovely creamy gold on the website. Here it is swatched on the back of my hand...
Here's what it looks like on my eyelids, with just a slick of black eyeliner and a coat of black mascara. It looks very sheer but I only applied it quickly. I expect it will look better built up.
I think I will try some darker gold shades from the range next (I've got my eye on Soho and Hoxton from the website!) For 99p, you can't really go wrong, and they're not bad as a cream highlight as well on my temples!

Garnier Summer Face Moisturising Cream in Light - £2.49 (RRP £8.99)
I picked this up because I'm already a loyal fan of Garnier Summer Body! It's so natural looking and smells delicious. One of my all time favourite products. I don't like to use fake tan on my face because I tend to break out, so I stick to gradual tan or bronzer/wash-off fake tan when I want a a bit of colour of my face.

The product states...

"The natural apricot extract enriched formula, intensely moisturises and nourishes your skin. It feels instantly more supple, softer and velvety. Thanks to the hint of self-tan your skin discovers a sun-kissed look all year round."

I've only used this once and I'm happy with it so far! I was expecting the product to be a bit larger, though. I'll be using this more in the spring months I imagine :)

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Shine Kit - £2.50 (RRP £7.95)
I've been on the hunt for a gloss top-coat for ages now but I just didn't know which one to pick! This seemed too good to be true. A 2in1 base and top coat AND a free cuticle polish! I had a look on the website and the cuticle polish retails for £2.50 on its own! You're supposed to use the cuticle polish first, followed by the base and top coat, which is what I did.

1) Diamond Radiance Hand & Cuticle Polish - "Gently exfoliates dry, flaky skin to reveal fresh, more vibrant, healthy-looking hands and cuticles. Micronized Diamond Powder and Natural Pumice smooths while Shea Butter and Ceramide moisturises."

The cuticle polish comes in a silver tube and is essentially an exfoliator for your hands. I massaged it into my hands, nails and cuticles for about 30 seconds and then washed my hands in warm water.

2) Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat - "Breakthrough Micro-Diamond formula is a quick-drying chip preventer that extends the wear of ANY nail colour for up to 10 days. You'll get noticeably harder, stronger nails instantly. A high-gloss, beautiful manicure that lasts and lasts."

I then applied one coat of the Diamond Shine as a base coat, before applying one coat of NYC Manhattan. I finally applied the Diamond Shine as a glossy top coat.

Here's what it looked like in the end...
I love it! :) I've had my nails like this for a few days now and they haven't chipped AT ALL! :) Usually, this shade chips after a day or so. It makes my nails look SO glossy as well, I love the effect! GO BUY!

Overall my products came to £8, and with £1.95 P&P it came to less than a tenner overall... BARGAIN!

Have you shopped at Fragrance Direct before? What do you think of my purchases?

Love,

Sophia

xo

7 comments:

  1. I love the rose bikini shade and love it!
    Sami xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fragrance Direct is a really good online shop, I love finding bargains on there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never shopped there:)
    That nail warnish souns good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, I haven't tried a lot of these makeup brands so I think I will need to. Good luck with the move.

    Following now.
    I have a fashion blog here in California
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey love,
    I sent you an invoice from my blog sale. Let me know if you change your mind or anything :) Thaanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that is a bargain, I love Sally Hansen products, but they are really pricey here! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies, I will definitely be buying from them in the future! I've got my eye on a few perfume - they're cheaper than anywhere else on the high street! Following all your blogs now, too :)

    Sophia
    xo

    ReplyDelete