Thursday 14 April 2011

Bourjois 3 for 2 haul: 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation, lipstick & bronzer!

Hey guys!

I picked up some Bourjois products recently when they were on a 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug :) I've had my eye on the 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation for ages - Muhsine posted a really positive review of it on her Bubblegarm blog and she always looks so lovely in her FOTD's using it! I bought the same shade lipstick for my mum about a year ago and I've been nicking it ever since so it was about time I bought my own, and I've been on the hunt for a 3rd product to get for free for a while...

10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation in 72 Rose Clair - RRP £9.49

Bourjois say...

"It's an anti-fatigue foundation that means you dont need 10 hours sleep to have a beautiful, fresh complexion."

It's a very runny consistency, quite watery, but I like that about foundations so it suited me perfectly. It's also oil-free which is ideal for my oily, spot-prone skin...

It's very sheer and blends in perfectly. 72 is the right shade for my rather pale complexion!

I love the way this sunk into my skin and it smelt lovely and fresh. However, after applying it in the morning, a couple of spots developed on my chin in the evening. The foundation and bronzer (below) were the only things I changed about my routine, so I've been a bit anxious using this foundation again in case I break out! It's a shame because I really loved it! Have any of you had a similar problem?

Sweet Kiss Lipstick in Rose Pomponne - £7.99

Very unique packaging, kind of chunky but WHY so Superdrug insist on putting those labels on them so that when you peel them off it leaves a horrible sticky residue? Eurgh!

The shade I chose, Rose Pomponne, is a lovely dark rose shade. It really enhances my skintone and looks natural. Very 'English Rose' :)
Here's my lips before...
and my lips after...

Lovely glossy rose, can be worn in the daytime or evening! A perfect addition to my pink lipstick collection :) It's so moisturising as well, it feels luscious on your lips!

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in 51 - RRP £6.99 (FREE!)
I'd seen this reviewed on Leanne Marie's blog as well as elsewhere in the beauty blogosphere. I've been in 2 minds for a while now about whether to get it in shade 51 (lighter) or 52 (darker) so swatched the shades on my hand (below).

From top-bottom -
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer
  • Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder 51
  • Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder 52
  • Nars Laguna Bronzer
Considering Nars Laguna Bronzer is all I seem to be wearing at the moment, I chose the Bourjois 51 Bronzer (2nd from top) as it seemed more similar to that. Bourjois Bronzer 52 (2nd from bottom) just seemed so much darker than all the others - I was concerned it would look too 'orange' on me.

I 100% believe I made the right decision in getting the lighter bronzer out of the two; I've been wearing it everyday since and it looks really natural on me! Though I haven't noticed the distinct chocolate smell that all the other bloggers seem to mention!

Here's me wearing all 3 Bourjois products I bought...
I got the bronzing powder free and 10% student discount, so overall it only cost me just over £15! For products that are so natural I could wear on a daily basis, I reckon my purchases were worth every penny!

If you've got a few pennies spare and your eyes on a few Bourjois products, I'd definitely suggest getting them in Superdrug to make use of their 3 for 2 offer :)

Have you tried any of these products? What other Bourjois products would you recommend?

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about buying that bronzer for such a long time, but I want to get my ELF one finished before I buy another one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many bronzers! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bronzer looks too edible!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha no don't do that!!! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete