Monday 23 May 2011

Summer nail varnish haul!

Hey lovelies!

Hope you're all well! At the moment I'm still rocking Barry M - Block Orange on my nails (as per my most recent NOTD post) but I went on a bit of a summer nail varnish splurge recently :)
From top left...
Bourjois So Lacque in Beige Glamour (£5.99)
NYC Quick Dry in Times Square (£1.79)
Star Gazer in 511 (£2.50)
Topshop in Delusion (£5)
H&M in Blue My Mind (£2.99)

From thumb clockwise...
Bourjois, NYC, Star Gazer, Topshop, H&M

All colours applied with OPI - Nail Envy as a base coat, and then 2 coats of each polish.

Bourjois:
Not a really 'out-there' shade but something that will just go with everything. I would describe it as a tea rose colour, not beige as the name suggests.

NYC:
For £1.79, you can't really complain, and I have a lot of love for the Quick Dry range of nail polishes. Manhattan and Canal Street are 2 of my winter staples, but this is the only one that stood out for me as a potential summer shade (that I didn't already have!) I would describe it as a pinky-red; an almost exact dupe of OPI - Color So Hot It Berns as seen in a previous post.

Stargazer:
I'm *very* impressed with the consistency of this £2.50 shade from New Look, it's thick and creamy and a lovely tomato red colour!

Topshop:
One of the most streaky out of them all, despite being one of the more expensive ones. Quite a 'blah' colour but I don't really have any mauve/lavender shades in my nail polish collection.

H&M:
Saving the best 'till last, I am LOVING the colour of the H&M one! I've never used H&M nail polish before but I picked this up on a whim as it was near the till! It's so bright and electric, perfect colour clash combo with orange! Fab consistency as well!

What summer colours have you been buying?

Love,

Sophia

xo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph! I know, me too! My collection is expanding so fast! Yeah Topshop were streaky :( Oh wow, yeah I'm definitely impressed with Stargazer! Can't wait to wear the H&M one the most though!!! x

    ReplyDelete