Tuesday 3 May 2011

High street haul!

Hey gals!

I'm SO impressed with the high street at the moment! Everywhere I go seem to have offers on which draw me in and make me spend my pennies! Not good, although I have picked up some lovely summer goodies :)

NEW LOOK

(20% student discount at the moment!)

Floral crop top - £20
I fell in love with this crop top when I spotted it on the net :) I love the ditsy print design (obvs!) and it looks really cute with a pair of light-wash denim shorts :)

Stone shorts - £19
I have these shorts in Khaki which I basically live in, so I bought them in Stone as I knew I'd make good use of them! I also bought them in Navy but I returned them... Navy's not really my colour! :(

AX Paris floral playsuit - £20
Aah I love love LOVE this! I picked it up on a whim en route to the changing rooms and it fitted perfectly when I tried it on! It's from the brand AX Paris which I've never bought anything from before, but I've had a look on the website and I love loads of their stuff, including this dress :)

Apricot floral dress - £20
I picked this up in New Look Horsham, who knew they sold concessions in there? I actually find it very hard to find dresses in this style because of my bust, but this was very flattering and just the right length as well :) I plan on wearing it to my sister's 18th later this month :)

Stargazer nail varnish in Neon Orange - £2.50
Haha I can't believe I bought this, I'm usually such a neutral-nailed girl! However I spotted Jennifer Lopez (who I am in awe of at the moment!) sporting neon orange nails on American Idol last week, and then I saw Sam from TOWIE wearing them the next day, and so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! Not actually sure when I will wear this shade lol, probably with an all black/white outfit!

PRIMARK

Daisy headband - £1
Just thought it was very pretty! :) For £1 you can't really go wrong, eh?

Gold chain necklace - £3.50
Been eyeing up this necklace for a while now, perfect for glamming up a simple maxi dress!

Navy ruffle top - £3
I know I said navy isn't really my colour, but I loved this top and it was the only colour they had! I've since bought it in Peach as well, it just fits really well :) I plan on wearing this with the Stone shorts from New Look (above).

Khaki tie-waist jacket - £21
OK it's not really suitable for summer, but I love the tie-waist and I'll store it in my cupboard for when it gets a bit chillier! :) A bit expensive for Primarni but these jackets retail for 60 odd quid elsewhere!

DOROTHY PERKINS

(20% student discount at the moment!)

Floral oversized top - £7 (SALE)
What a bargain! Not usually one for oversized tops, I'm thinking this needs a bodycon skirt or tight shorts to balance out the oversized-ness! What can I say, I'm mad for florals!

Cream leather clutch - £15
Love this simple nude leather clutch, it will go with ANYTHING! A detachable strap would have come in handy, but beggars can't be choosers!

I'm thrilled with that I bought! I'm usually an avid online shopper but I loved going out there and seeing what bargains I could find on the great British high street :)

Have you shopped the high street recently? What are your favourite shops?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

6 comments:

  1. How cute, I love floral tops so much right now. AND i really like those shorts. SO cute, I actually just bought a nail polish that color the other day.

    Nice post
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to get those shorts, they are really nice but i found some similar ones in primark today so got those instead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the floral NL top and the DP clutch. Both lovely. I've also been very much appreciating the old 20 percentness that's been kicking around! I picked up a few things from NL and H&M the other day, and I've been wearing (gasp) colours that aren't black or grey! (Not technically colours I know.) Nice haulage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dale Thanks, love! What did you team your nail varnish with?! It's very 'out there'!

    @Sarah I think I saw those Primark ones as well, but I knew the NL ones fitted me and I got student discount :)

    @Konni Ooh, thank you! I need to go into H&M! I tried to order some stuff online but loads of it wasn't available for ages! I know, me too! I usually live in black, grey & neutrals! It's weird being in colour lol!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that clutch!! WANT!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get it!!! http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2331763&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=cream%20clutch&pageSize=20

    haha

    xo

    ReplyDelete