Thursday 2 February 2012

Estee Lauder Doublewear Stay-in-Place Makeup and Flawless Wear Concealer review and FOTD!

Helloo people!

Can you believe it's Thursday already?! At least it's nearly the weekend, huh :-)

Now some of you may remember I was lucky enough to receive the Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation and Concealer for Christmas... Well, I've been wearing it on and off for a couple of weeks now and I'm ready to give you my thoughts!!! So here we go...

Well firstly it comes it luxurious, glossy navy blue packaging. Very opulent, it even features mini 'EL's' in the inner packaging!

Product wise, the foundation comes in a jar (no handy pump dispenser here, like my usual MAC Pro Longwear) and the concealer features a traditional doe foot applicator, a la my normal Maybelline Pure Mineral concealer :)

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF10 in 1W1 Bone

I was colour matched for this foundation a good couple of months ago and the Estee Lauder make up artist was kind enough to give me a little pot with a sample shade in it and some mini spatulas to apply it with. I couldn't believe it when she swatched me in the lightest POSSIBLE shade! I mean, I know I'm pale, but I'm half Italian so I thought I have a slight natural tan... obviously NOT, lol.

I was given this same shade for Christmas, and luckily my skin colour hasn't changed significantly and so the colour match was exact. It is VERY pale but it makes a perfect base for applying bronzer and blusher, etc. I do think I will need a darker product in the summer months, and so I'm thinking of purchasing the Estee Lauder Doublewear Light when the weather heats up a bit!

The issue I have with this product is the application. I do find that I waste quite a lot of product due to its lack of pump applicator. What I tend to do is dip a cotton wool bud in the top of the jar and then make little dots around my face, before using my MAC 190 Foundation Brush to blend everything in. It works well but I still have some leftover product on the bud :-(

In terms of longevity, it certainly lives up to the hype and lasts alll day! Fab for people like me who go to the gym etc during the day. Its finish is lovely and dewy, it covers up all spots, blemishes and redness to create a flawless base. I do find it's slightly drying, but I've found it to actually be a positive for me, as it dries out my spots! Lol. So overall, a fab foundation that stays in place all day and is worth every penny.

Estee Lauder Doublewear Stay-in-Place Makeup is available for £26.50 from Boots, Debenhams and other major retailers.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer SPF10 in 01 Light

I also purchased the matching concealer to the foundation. I was colour matched for this product a couple of months ago too and I was matched to the lightest shade (AGAIN lol - 'Light'!) Since I was colour matched, the product has actually been adjusted slightly - they've added more shades and added 'Flawless Wear' to the name lol so I'm assuming the product has been improved for a more seamless application!

The application for this product is much better, you can apply it straight to your face using the applicator provided. Sometimes I blend this product in with my No7 Concealer Brush, other times I simply rub it in with my fingers (depends how much of a rush I'm in lol!) I wouldn't say this product is as impressive of its foundation counterpart; it is very handy for covering under-eye circles as the formula is very brightening, but it's not really suitable for covering up spots and blemishes. For that, I prefer to use a creamy pot formula that you can easily blend in with your fingers - I'll be using MAC's Studio Finish Concealer during the day and Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer at night.

Estee Lauder Doublewar Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer is available for £19.00 from Boots, Debenhams and other major retailers.

So here's how I rocked both products!

FOTD:

FACE:
MAC Fix+ to prime
Estee Lauder Flawless Wear Concealer (01 Light)
Benefit Boi-ing concealer (02 Medium)
Estee Lauder Doublewear Stay-in-Place makeup (1W1 Bone)
NARS Laguna bronzer
MAC Fix+ to finish

EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay baked e/s in Buck all over lid
Urban Decay baked e/s in Smog all over lid
2 coats of Cover Girl lash blast mascara
Soap & Glory SUPERCAT carbon black eyeliner along top lid
Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (brown) along lower waterline

LIPS:
MAC Amplified Creme lipstick in Cosmo

Overall I am really impressed with both products, the foundation slightly more so than the concealer :-)

Have you tried Estee Lauder's Doublewear range? Or do you have a drugstore dupe?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment