Friday 8 June 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat dupe! Avon MagiX Illuminator review and FOTD

Hey loves!

It's the weekend...YAY! I hope you've got lots of lovely things planned :-)

So as you guys probably know, I love finding a good make-up dupe! I found an amazing dupe in the ELF Bronzing/Blush duo recently and I've got another fab dupe to share with you all today!

The YSL Touche Eclat is favoured by make-up artists, celebrities and bloggers the world over and I'm no different. It's perfect for dotting under your eyes and on the dark/blemished sections of your face. However the £25 price tag means it's not something I can keep topped up frequently. So, when I found this amazing dupe from Avon recently, I just had to share!
Left: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat #1, Right: Avon MagiX Illuminator #1

Both products are encased in the a tube, although the YSL Touche Eclat looks more luxurious with its elegant gold exterior. The Avon MagiX Illuminator is sleek black.


Left: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat #1, Right: Avon MagiX Illuminator #1

Both items feature the typical wand at the end. You push the YSL wand from the bottom, whereas the Avon one has to be twisted. Both items dispense an even amount of product!

Swatches:

Top: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat #1
Bottom: Avon MagiX Illuminator #1

Both shades come out very light, which is ideal for my NC15 skin. The YSL one at the top appears more yellow toned, whereas the Avon one at the bottom appears more pink toned. However, I have yellow undertones and I find both look fine on my skin.

So here's how my dark circles looked without either product, and then with a comparison of both products afterwards.

Before:
I get pretty dark circles! An under-eye concealer/brightener is an essential part of my make-up routine, and a step I simply couldn't miss!

After:
Left: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat #1, Right: Avon MagiX Illuminator #1

As you can see, my dark circles have faded and my under-eye area looks so much brighter/whiter than before! I really can't see a difference between the YSL Touche Eclat on the left, and the Avon MagiX Illuminator on the right.

FOTD:

FACE: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as primer (applied with No7 Foundation Brush), YSL Touche Eclat #1 / Avon MagiX Illuminator in Light, Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation Rose Clair (applied with ELF Stippling Brush), Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer #51 (applied with unbranded bronzing brush), MAC Fix+ to finish.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original, Sleek Storm Palette (taupe and brown shades), Soap and Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Black felt tip liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick Black on lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara.

LIPS: Missguided nude lipgloss.

I'm so pleased I came across the Avon MagiX Illuminator, however a little birdie tells me the item has now been discontinued :-( If you have an Avon lady nearby, take a look in one of their Clearance brochures as there's often where discontinued products are found.

Next, I really want to try the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer! I've heard great things about it and it's much cheaper than the YSL Touche Eclat. Until then, I will continue looking for some good YSL Touche Eclat dupes!

Have you tried the YSL Touche Eclat, or come across a drugstore dupe for it that I should try?

Let me know!
Love,

Sophia

xo

8 comments:

  1. Wow thats a really good idea! I will definitely be looking in my next avon brochure for that!
    Courtney xx
    www.overtherainbow-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely hun, I always find some good bargains in there :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They currently have touche eclat on buyapowa for quite a good price at the moment aswell! Just thought I would let you know :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great post, shame about it being discontinued, really suited your skintone too :)

    Hope you check out my blog http://lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    Gem xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I will have to tell my mum about this! She loves YSL Touche Eclait, but she is always complaining about the crazy prices! haha :)
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Courtney I bought it!!! Haha. I always run out of Touche Eclat and it's perfect for popping in my handbag. Did you get it too hun? xo

    @Gem I know, it's so annoying! I've got my eye on the L'Oreal Lumi Magique one now, too! Have checked out your blog btw :-) xo

    @Dolly Haha yes good idea!! Checked out your blog btw :-) lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should this be used to match foundation colour or lighter than foundation colour? Just going by colour swatches in the brochure...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should this be used to match foundation colour or lighter than foundation colour? Just going by colour swatches in the brochure...

    ReplyDelete