Monday 23 May 2011

Doughnut!

Hey!

Now I wish this post was about actual doughnuts (pass me a Krispy Kreme anyday, luv) but it's actually about the hair craze :) Bit of a random blog post but after it featured on Rachel's blog I had to go out and get me one! They're so cool! I picked up mine for £4.60 in Boots in the light brown shade but I've seen similar ones in New Look :)
It's perfect for creating an up-do bun, you simply tie your hair into a ponytail, thread the hair through the 'doughnut' and pin it in place. Takes about a minute but it looks like it's taken much longer!

Here's my shot at it...
Not bad! Not a look I'd perhaps rock in the day as it's too 'made-up' for my liking, but perfect for evening occasions when you cba to curl your hair :)

Have you tried the doughnut? Thinking about it?

Love,

Sophia

xo

6 comments:

  1. Haha yay! I love this so much, def one of my fave hair-do's at the moment :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am buying one the next time I see it!!
    I used to have to wear them when I did ballet so have avoided them loads, but it looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing. love this so much. amazing post. would love if you could stop by and check out my latest post. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
    For all the latest celebrity fashion news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Rachel's post too - both of your hair looks lovely! I think my face is too long to suit up-dos like this :(
    Also, spotted a brown one of these in Primark for a quid today! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachel Thanks for the inspiration, lol! Can't wait to wear this on a night out :)

    @FashBoulevard Thanks love! Frickin love your blog!

    @Daisy Aww no you should definitely try it out, you never know! Pick up the Primarni one!

    @Steph Haha that's so funny! Now you know! It works with quite short hair as well, mine's too long really :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is genius! I have been trying to get my hair to make a bun like that forever and had no idea how celebs did it! Where can I get one?!

    -Jenny (http://jennyeisen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete