Monday 23 May 2011

My first MUA at Superdrug mini haul!

Hey lovers!

I hope you've all had a splendid weekend! Mine was spent shopping, of course! For those of you that don't know, Superdrug have their own range of make-up called MUA and every item is only £1! This post is about what I picked up recently :)

(lipstick in 11 and eyeshadow in 11)

Read on for reviews...

MUA Lipstick in Shade 11
This is one of those lipsticks that beauty bloggers seem to rave about! Figured it was worth a gamble for a quid, non?

Here it is without flash...

and with flash...

My lips before...

and after...
I'm actually very impressed with this product! It's a lovely, creamy consistency and the shade is a perfect, natural rose pink. Definitely one to try out for £1. See the bottom of page for face shot :)

Here it is swatched alongside the eyeshadow...


MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 11

I'd read that this shade was very pigmented and worth much more than its £1 price tag, and it looked like something I would definitely wear, so once again I gave it a shot :)

I thought it reminded me of Urban Decay - Smog which I wear on a daily basis, alas I was wrong...

(urban decay smog - top, mua shade 11 - bottom)

It's not quite as pigmented as Smog but it's definitely a shade I'd wear! In fact, I've been wearing it the past few days because it's easier to carry around than the whole Urban Decay palette!

and here's the obligatory face shot, using both MUA products...

(top - new look)

I am seriously in love with the lipstick!!! It looks so natural and gives just the right amount of colour :) It's perfect for popping in your handbag and touching up during the day!

Have you tried MUA before? What products do you love?

Love,

Sophia

xo

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised at how pigmented both of the products are - will def go have a look at the lipstick! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They eye shadow looks really nice! You should try shade 12 (MAC club dupe), it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Daisy Yeah, definitely! Let me know if you pick up any others!

    @MakeupMonologue Thank you, I'm wearing it today! Ooh OK I will do that :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete