Friday 20 May 2011

Blog sale buy: MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red

Hey girlies!

You'll NEVER guess what I picked up in a blog sale recently... Only the infamous Mac Russian Red lipstick! Lucky me!

Adorned by celebs including Gwen Stefani and Jessica Alba and having been on my make-up wishlist for a while, I forked out the £8 (inc P+P!) and it's been love at first swipe :)

Thanks Product Pixie!

Here it is without flash...

and with flash...

A true, classic Hollywood red :)

Here's my lips before...

and after...
Talk about pigment!!! I've never experienced anything like it! I lined my lips with Rimmel's Red Dynamite lip liner, and made the mistake of applying Russian Red straight to the lips, oh no! It went everywhere, so I tried again with a lip brush and it was perfect :) Only needed a really thin coat, and do you know the best bit? It stayed put all night!

Here's a face shot...
In my opinion, this shade would suit any skin tone! I applied a clear gloss to finish the look and it stayed put after a 2-course meal and many a pint of water :)

I'm on the hunt for a more wearable MAC shade now as I've found my holy grail red :)

Have you tried Mac Russian Red before? What's your favourite Mac lipstick?

Love,

Sophia

xo

5 comments:

  1. wow i love it! what a colour. looks great on you too.
    love mac! i got a lipstick and a couple of other things from there the other day,doing a haul blog soon when my internet sorts itself haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have like, no lips, so I really can't pull off red li colours! This looks fab on you :) I go more for nudes and am loving Creme D'Nude at the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like mac shy girl, which is natural so you might like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it looks so nice on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chloe Thank you! I just saw your haul post, eek! :)

    @Lauren Oh no! :( thank you though! Ooh OK will have to swatch that!

    @Kia Thanks love, just had a look and that looks right up my street! Will have to try it!

    aww and thank you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete