Thursday 19 May 2011

My new summer skincare regime!

Hey loves!

I've totally overhauled my skincare regime in time for summer!

It's out with the old...

...and in with the new!
You can see my old skincare regime post here.

I used to use...
The cleanser was OK but nothing special, it didn't cleanse my skin deep enough I think. The moisturiser was fantastic (especially for my oily skin) and I would definitely repurchase! The make-up remover was efficient, nothing special, removes make-up OK and I didn't like the greasy texture of the No7 eye make-up remover, but it effectively removed heavy eye make-up!

and now I use...
  • Cleanser - The Body Shop Deep Cleansing Wash
  • Toner - none
  • Moisturiser - Nivea Visage Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream
  • Make-up remover - The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk
  • Eye make-up remover - L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
Breakdown of new products... :)

The Body Shop Deep Cleansing Wash - £7

I bought this for the first time in September, it lasted me ages and I loved it! I've returned to it after my using my Neutrogena one and I finally feel at home :) It's perfect, it goes lovely and frothy, smells clean and fresh and removes dirt and grime! Top marks! Definitely worth the £7 price tag, but keep an eye on The Body Shop website for money off/free delivery!

Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream - £3.99

I picked up this moisturiser as it has SPF in it which I think is important as this time of year! It's a similar creamy consistency to the Neutrogena one but it smells much nicer :) Would definitely recommend this for oily/combo skin types like my own!

The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk - £4

I wanted to buy the Seaweed cleansing milk to match the deep cleansing wash, but it was double the price of this one! This smells lush and does the job :) doesn't make my skin feel greasy and there's loads in the bottle as well - it's going to last me ages!

I picked up the eye make-up remover on a whim as I'd run out and it was the cheapest one in Boots! It's OK but my eyelids have started to become REALLY dry :(

My routine goes a little something like this...

In the morning, I use the Deep Cleansing Wash to wash my face and then apply moisturiser.

In the evening, I first use the L'Oreal eye make-up remover for my eyes, then I use the Cucumber cleanser to remove the rest of my make-up and anything left over from my eye make-up. I then apply my normal moisturiser, or a heavier moisturiser like my No7 Heavenly Hydration Mask and leave on overnight.

Twice a week, I'll use Avon's Clearskin Deep Cleaning Scrub (as featured in my Top 10 Avon Products post)

... and then once a week (usually Sunday's!) I'll apply a face mask, either a peel off one, or a clay mask as I find they work the best!

At the moment I'm not using toner because I don't really see the point. Do you? I'm not sure if I need it!

What's your skincare regime?

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment