Monday 22 November 2010

Coty Goodies

Hey everyone :)

Recently I was lucky enough to be sent some products to review courtesy of my lovely lady friend at Coty! In case you're unaware, Coty is the world's largest fragrance company & includes perfumes for Kylie Minogue, SJP and Jennifer Lopez as well as brands like Rimmel, Miss Sporty and New York Color (NYC). Wow!

Here's what I was sent...

Miss Sporty


(L-R: Lasting Nail Colour in Grey and Pump Up The Lash mascara in Black)

I have yet to try the mascara (I'm a mascara hoarder!) but I've used the nail colour and I love it!

Here's what it looks like on my nails:


(Miss Sporty nail colour in Grey)

I've never worn Miss Sporty nail colour before (in fact, I don't think I've ever tried the range at all?!) but I'm really impressed with it! I wasn't expecting it to be good at all but I was wrong. It's very easy to apply, and after 2 coats it's completely covered my nails. It also has a shimmery effect to it which is lovely for the festive season! If you're after a more matte finish, try Barry M's Nail Paint in Grey (you can read a review of this on Claire's Curvy Couture if you like).

Rimmel London


(Clockwise from left: Volume Flash Mascara in Black, I Love Lasting Finish Fruities in 053 Apricot Punch and Rimmel eye colour duo)

The mascara is absolutely brilliant! Definitely one of my faves, and it's so cheap as well! I'm also a fan of Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara - it's my go-to mascara if I'm on a tight budget!

I have yet to try the nail varnish with the supposed 'fruity' smell as it's more of a summery colour; I'll let you know if I sway and wear it earlier!

I handed the eyeshadow onto my friend Claire as it's a bit of a daring colour for me; you can read her review of it here :)

I was also sent some Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks to try;

Nude Pink (206):

and

Sugar Plum (086):


Lovely!

Here's some swatches of them:


(Left: 206 Nude Pink / Right: 086 Sugar Plum)


I definitely think they're both wearable shades for during the day; Nude Pink is a lovely nudey-coral shade whilst Sugar Plum is a darker pink. I can't wait to try them both! :)

In terms of other Coty products, I really want to try NYC's nail colour in Canal Street after reading a review of it on the Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog here. It looks absolutely perfect for this season! I also fancy trying Miss Sporty's lipstick in Malaga as I keep seeing it in the shops and lusting after it! It's a poppy red shade, perfect to wear with an LBD.

What Coty products are you loving at the moment? What did you think of these products?

Love as always,

Style by Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment