Saturday 27 November 2010

Aldi Beauty Bargains!

Hi all!
How's everyone doing? It's rather chilly down in Bournemouth at the moment :(

Since becoming a student, I've found that foreign-owned supermarkets like Aldi and Lidl can be a lot cheaper than supermarkets like Tesco, and I've learnt to love the fact that I don't recognise half of the brand names in there! That's all part of the fun!
So, anyway, I got a bit distracted and wandered down the health and beauty aisle of Aldi.

I'd heard about the beauty brand they stock; Lacura, from various magazines and supplements, including the Celebs on Sunday reader panel awards in which a number of their Lacura products beat high-street brands like Boots No7.

Here are some bargains I picked up:

Lacura 3 in 1 Facial Cleansing Wipes (sensitive skin) - 89p

I'm so glad I found these face wipes! I know using face wipes is a bit naughty really, and I'm still using my Body Shop Seaweed Cleansing Face Wash in the mornings (as seen in my New Skincare Regime post) but sometimes in the evenings I just get really lazy and have to use face wipes. I'd recently run out of my fave No7 3 in 1 Facial Wipes and I'd ventured into Boots to buy some cheapo face wipes but they were all £2 or so and I wasn't prepared to spend that... tight-ass, I know. I came across these in Aldi and thought they were worth a shot. They were a massive pack (probably double the size of your standard pack) and they come in 3 types; sensitive, mature or normal skin. I don't really have sensitive skin but I thought I'd pick them as they might contain less oil?! Well, they work a treat! They don't drag on your skin like your usual cheapo face wipes, they're full of moisture and remove all my make-up effectively whilst leaving my skin feeling thoroughly fresh and cleansed. I would 100% recommend these! :)

Lacura pack of 2 Cotton Wool Pads - 99p

Absolute bargain! I usually pick up my cotton face pads from Boots, but these are SO much cheaper and do just as good a job, if not better! Can't find them really; I use them to remove my nail varnish, for wiping toner on my face, anything really! Fab... and so cheap!

ps. there's 100 in each pack :)

Lacura Shimmering Day Cream - £1.99

Now I'd read about this in the Celebs on Sunday reader panel awards in April. It scooped the top prize for Best Radiance Cream in a series of blind tests, beating Boots No7.

Here's what the readers had to say about the product:

"This product is going to be a must-have in my regime. I positively glowed and looked younger instantly. It's got to be the best moisturiser I have ever used. Everyone should try it!"

Soon after the results were published I went scouring around my local branches of Aldi in the hope of picking up one of these miracle creams! It was sold out everywhere until I came across it recently.

I have to admit I am rather unimpressed with this product. I know it's only 2 quid but I was expecting a lot more, what with all the hype! I imagined my skin would be smoother, brighter, glowing! However I asked my housemate and she said my skin didn't look any different and I didn't really notice any difference, either. I'll keep trying...

This has definitely taught me not to turn my nose up at brands I don't recognise! Because, after all, who wants to be spending a fortune on a daily necessity like cotton wool?!

Have you found any supermarket-own bargains recently?

Lots of love,

Style by Sophia

xo




3 comments:

  1. Ohh I was getting all excited about that shimmering day cream ... but you don't rek it's any good? I think I was sold at 'shimmering'... haha.
    Although, I have no idea where the nearest Aldi and I'm sure it's probs not worth journeying for ey!? Haha.
    Helpful lil' post there tho soph! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the facewipes a few weeks ago and I love them. They're really thick and moist unlike some expensive ones i've tried so i'll definitely be repurchasing them :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ellie - I've only used the shimmery day cream once & I didn't notice any difference, I'll keep you posted! There's an Aldi round the corner from me if you wanted me to get you one to try :)

    @Caz - I definitely agree! Have you tried any other Lacura stuff? It's so cheap!

    Sophia :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete