Monday 22 November 2010

Avon Haul

Hey ladies :)

As you may know, I worked as an Avon Rep over the summer months and when I returned to uni the first thing I did was searched for my local rep! You just can't beat the feeling of the products being delivered to your door... It's like Christmas!

Here's what I bought;

Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick (Satin) in Carnation


When I worked as a rep, I accumulated a lot of lipstick samples, which was great because they were only 25p or so and it meant I could try the lipsticks before I splashed out on the full-size version! I've been on the hunt for a daytime rose pink lippie for quite a few months now; I like to wear it in the summer with an otherwise simple face of make-up. This lipstick from Avon matched one of my old rose-coloured faves so I thought I'd go for it!

(Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in Carnation)

These lipsticks are so soft to apply; they truly are like satin! The colour almost appears a bright, bubblegum pink in this picture but it's definitely more rosey-coloured in real life. Next time, I'll try applying it using a lip brush instead :) I'll probably be wearing this colour more in the summer! I also got a sample of Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in Pout which, as you can see from the picture below, is a nudey pink shade perhaps more suited to the winter months.

ps. You could always ask for lipstick samples from your local Avon rep as she should give them to you for free! :)

Ideal Shade Liquid Foundation in Shell


Again, being an ex-Avon rep, I was able to get samples of foundations rather than buying the full-sized products and finding it doesn't suit my skin tone. I sampled 3 or 4 of the lightest shade of the Ideal Shade range and found that, with no make-up or tan on, I'm the shade Shell. So, first, I bought the Ideal Shade Cream to Powder Foundation which is actually amazing! It's quite thick, though, so I fancied something with a bit less coverage that I could use my foundation brush with. I have to admit it's quite annoying that this foundation doesn't come with a push top; you literally have to pour it out of the bottle. It's an OK foundation but for winter I'd definitely go for the cream to powder one which has a better coverage; this is probably more suited to the summer months!

This foundation and the lipstick above were part of a 2 for £10 offer, which is actually pretty good as the foundation is £10 on its own! So, I essentially got the foundation for free! Whoopie!

ps. You can get foundation samples from your rep as well for free!

Herve Leger Femme Eau de Parfum


I've been lusting after this perfume for ages! I received a sample of this perfume while I was a rep but it wasn't actually released full size until I left *sob*. So, I jumped at the chance to get it from my local rep even if it was £20! I find it quite hard to describe the smell - I never understand when people say a perfume is oriental? - but it's definitely not fruity or floral! It's a very classic, elegant, sophisticated scent that I think is perfect for the upcoming months. I try and wear it every day but I often forget! It's lovely though and the bottle is fab - looks so plush sitting on my dressing table besides my other bottles :)

Don't forget you can ask for free perfume samples from your local rep!

Detangling Comb


Less than 2 quid but I use it everyday! :) It's great for, well, detangling your hair, obviously! I use it alongside Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance (my review of which you can read here) and together they leave my hair feeling soft and silky. Who doesn't want perfect hair, eh? :) I love the red handle as well! Very chic!

Skin So Soft Mineral Gems Glamorous Gold Body Scrub

and finally... I have yet to use this product as my Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish, which was a birthday present from my lovely cousin, is lasting longer than I expected. However I read such fab reviews of it on the Avon site that I ordered it while it was on offer for £3! I can't wait to use it, apparently it makes your body so lovely and soft! It is 'Skin So Soft' after all! :)

That's it for the this time but I'm sure I'll be ordering from my local rep soon :)

Don't forget - you can find your nearest Avon rep or order online HERE. The products are all such great value, there's a 90 day returns policy on EVERYTHING (even if you've used it) and you'll be helping out a lovely self-employed rep in the process :)

What Avon products do I need to know about, ladies?

Big love :)

Style by Sophia

xo

ps. Are you an Avon fan? Find out my Top 10 Avon Products here.

3 comments:

  1. That pink lipstick is a truly gorgeous colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It feels lovely on my lips :)

    Sophia

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophia,

    I came across your blog when I searched for this carnation lipstick. Couldn't find this anymore on the website, do you know where I can find this ? Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete