Thursday 10 February 2011

NOTD: French Manicure

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?

Over the weekend I went home, and I spoilt myself to a professional French manicure. My Mum's friend, who's a hairdresser and beautician, did it for me and I was so pleased with the results! I think it looks really chic and timeless, and I felt 'made-up' every time I went out!
(my nails might look a bit blue - I get cold very easily!!!)

Here's how she did my French manicure at home:
  • Removed my nail polish with nail polish remover
  • Buffed and filed my nails
  • Softened my cuticles
  • Pushed my cuticles back
  • Snipped off the dead cuticles (the white bits)
  • Applied one layer of base coat (she got hers from beauty shop Sally's) & waited for it to dry
  • Applied one layer of French polish (a natural, nudey-pink) & waited for it to dry
  • Applied white tips with white nail varnish & waited for it to dry
  • Applied one layer of top coat (again from Sally's)
... et Voila!

Sadly it chipped after about 4 days, so I've had to take it off now *sad face* but I loved it while it lasted.

What do you think? Do you ever get your nails done 'French'?

Lots of love,

Style by Sophia

xo

7 comments:

  1. WOW! your nails look very neat and pretty. thanks for sharing, great post :)

    I am a new follower and I have to say that you have an amazing blog. Do check out my blog as well :)

    http://sarahassansblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love French manicures! I've done it in a salon before - I've tried doing it myself but I always mess up! Your nails look gorgeous :)

    check out my blog!

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. VISIT AND FOLLOW ME IF YOU LIKE
    www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The french manicure for me is the best! It is suitable any time and anywhere, nails look very neat:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ever so much for the lovely comments girls :)

    Sophia

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely do but this is a classic, we can never go wrong with this style.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete