Thursday 3 February 2011

My New Skincare Regime

Hey guys! How are we all?
I don't know about you but I'm hating the cold weather... Bring on the summer, I say! :)

I just thought I'd let you know that I updated my skincare regime recently. You may recall a certain New Skincare Regime post from back in November, but unfortunately all those products ran out, and my Avon Clearskin moisturiser was discontinued so I thought I'd embark on a new regime!

I bought...

Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Wash - £4.59, Boots.

I'd never tried this facial wash before but I'd read about it on Bubblegarm's blog, who loved it, and I was already a fan of the range's oil-free moisturiser (see below). I use this facial wash with The Body Shop's Facial Buffer in the mornings but in the evening I just use it on its own. It smells like soap and comes out a bit like crushed up jelly. It does clean my face but I'd definitely rate The Body Shop's Seaweed Deep Cleansing Wash higher. The Neutrogena facial wash takes a lot of water to lather up into a foam and doesn't remove eye make-up very well, whereas the Body Shop one foams up easily, removes every trace of make-up and smells lovely and fresh.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Make-Up Remover (old)
I already had this make-up remover from the oil-free range, but it didn't work for me in the past so it's just been in the back of my drawer for a while. I thought I'd team it with the facial wash and the moisturiser from the range to see if it worked better. I think my problem in the past was that I applied way too much of this product to the cotton pad. It comes out quite quickly, so I'd apply loads and my skin would just feel overly greasy. I apply less of it now and I don't have the same problem. However, I would say that my Aldi face wipes are better at removing make-up from your face, and my new No7 eye make-up remover is better at removing eye make-up! So it's OK, but there are better, cheaper alternatives available...

Now this is definitely the stand-out product for me from the range! I've used this product in the past, and loved it, and I love it this time around as well. It smells nothing like the other two products, it's lovely, and you only need the tiniest bit and it moisturises your skin so deeply. I have quite oily skin that's prone to the odd breakout, but this is just perfect for my skin. Love it!

I've also been using this eye make-up remover from No7 (part of my Mini No7 Haul - don't worry, I used the voucher, I didn't pay 8 quid for it!) for when I've got a lot of eye make-up on and it just won't budge. What I tend to do is use my Aldi face wipes first and then remove what's left with this as it just saves using it all up at once... It is rather expensive, after all!

I haven't been using toner and I've been using my new No7 Total Renewal Micro Dermabrasion Exfoliator when my skin is feeling really grubby. You can read the full review of that here.

So, overall, the moisturiser is fab for oily skin but I'm waiting for the facial wash to run out so I can go out and buy The Body Shop's Seaweed Deep Cleansing Wash... You just can't beat it! Have a look for your yourself on the website, here :)

I hope you've enjoyed my review today!

What do you think of these products? What skincare products would you recommend?

Love,

Style by Sophia

xo


4 comments:

  1. Great reviews, I hate it when you use soemthing and then suddenly it is discontinued.

    Hmmm I recommend Simple foaming face wash with mango extract (comes in a white/cream bottle)I used to love their pump action foaming face wash, but I can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard good comments about Neutrogena products, so I want to try it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicole - Thank your for your recommendations! Is that the Simple Daily Radiance Cleanser (http://tinyurl.com/6duqxys) or the Simple Moisturising Foaming Facial Wash (http://tinyurl.com/4ouezlp)? I would love to try it!

    @Supergirl - Yes, definitely! Try out the oil-free moisturiser if nothing else :) & the Pink Grapefruit range sounds yummy!!!

    Btw, I'm following you both now :)

    Sophia

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Olay.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete