Sunday 1 January 2012

My Christmas Day and New Year's Eve style 2011!

Hey guyssss!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm sooo sorry I haven't blogged for ages! I have been super busy with work etc but I have a long list of posts planned and I'm gonna make it one of my New Year's resolutions to blog more in 2012, I miss it :)

I hope you've all had a lovely, stress free Christmas and New Year period. As you know I looove getting dressed up for special occasions and so this Christmas and New Year's was no exception! Let's get started...

Christmas Day

Fashion
Dress: Primark (see blog post)
Tights: Topshop
Heels: Boohoo (see blog post)

Beauty
Face: MAC Fix+, MAC Pro Longwear Foundation [NC15] applied using a MAC 180 Foundation Brush, YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch [1 Luminous Radiance], Benefit Boi-ing Concealer [02 Medium], NARS Bronzer [Laguna].

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion [Original], Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow [Buck] all over lid, Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow [Hustle] in outer corners, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner [Black] on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick [Black] in lower waterline, 2 coats of Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara [Black - Volume].

Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance [Brown] applied using a W7 Angled Brush.

Lips: Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner [021 Red Dynamite] smudged in with The Body Shop lip brush, MAC Matte Lipstick [Russian Red] applied with the same lip brush.

Hair: I recently dyed my hair using Superdrug's Semi Permanent dye in Black Cherry so you might notice a slight red tint to it, I also straightened it using my GHD's :)

Nails: Nails Inc in Tate (free with GLAMOUR) topped off with Eyeko Vampira polish (see my haul!)

New Year's Eve

Fashion
FYI can I just state that it was FANCY DRESS! I would not usually wear this on a night out LOL. It was 20's flapper/Chicago theme :)

Dress: Boohoo (sold out)
Suspender tights: House of Holland at ASOS
Beaded headband: Next (sale)
Black patent Mary Jane heels: Next (sale)
Pearl necklace: Primark
Black bag: Vintage (20p from a car boot sale!)

Beauty

Face: Benefit That Gal primer, Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker [02 Medium], Benefit Bronzer [Dallas], Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator [02 Peach].

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion [Original], Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow [Buck] all over lid, Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow [Hustle & Darkhorse] in outer corners, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner [Black] on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick [Black] in lower waterline, 2 coats of Cover Girl LashBlast Mascara [Black - Volume].

Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance [Brown] applied using a W7 Angled Brush.

Lips: Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner [021 Red Dynamite] smudged in with The Body Shop lip brush, L'Oreal Kiss Proof Lipstick and matching Lipgloss in shade 513

Hair: Curled using my GHD's and I used Bed Head's Masterpiece hairspray to keep the curls in place.


Nails: Rimmel Lycra Pro in Celebrity Bash

Phew, think I've covered everything! Any questions just drop me a tweet @smoir :)

What did you wear this Christmas/New Year's?

I wish you all the best of luck in 2012! My first resolution is to get a job relevant to my degree (journalism)! What're yours?

Love,

Sophia

xo

9 comments:

  1. Love this post! ive jut found your blog and love it!

    Lots of love & Happy new year.

    http://glitzbeautyglamour.blogspot.com/

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous, im loving the primarni dress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Miss Glamour Aww thank you! I have just found your blog too, love it :) Happy new year to you too! xo

    @Sophie Lou Thank you!!! I know what a bargain! I need to make another Primarni trip asap!

    I've just read your New Year's post - I'm really sorry to hear about your Nan. Hope you're OK. Lotsa love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the dress you wore christmas day, it's stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That black Primark dress is lovely! Really doesn't look like it's from Primark at all!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. im thinking the same haha..thankyou so much, im struggling but distractions and such are helping me a bit, aswell as my lovely fam and boyf :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove both of your outfits, you looked amazing! The Christmas dress is absolutely perfect, and I love the suspender tights you wore on NYE. Happy 2012. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Melanie Thank you hun! I loved wearing it!! :)

    @Eloise Aww thank you! Yeah I know it's amazing isn't it! I love items like that :) just checked out your blog btw, veeery nice :)

    @Sophie Lou Aww no worries, definitely surround yourself w positive friends & fam to get you through! Lotsa love x

    @Lotustraum Thank you!!

    @Summer That's so sweet, thank you soo much! The suspender tights were a tad raunchy lol! Just checking out your blog now btw :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete