Tuesday 24 January 2012

Health foods haul!

Good afternoon guys!

How are you all today? I don't know about you lot but I am on a bit of a health-kick at the moment! I don't know why, but something just clicked and I really WANT to be healthy from now on :-)

So I dragged myself into town this morning and spent a small fortune in Holland & Barratt lol. I made myself a little list, consisting mainly of items that I've seen on Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish and Sweet Potato Sarah - 2 of my favourite healthy living blogs!

Here's what I picked up...

  • Dried mango slices
  • VitaCoco coconut water (original, passionfruit, pineapple and peach & mango)
  • Aspire Cranberry calorie burning soft drink
  • Ecomil almond milk
  • Yogi chocolate + spices tea bags
  • Yoghurt coated raisins
  • Sula sugar free sweets (strawberries & cream, caramel cream & clear mint)
  • Salad sprinkle mix (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeks)
  • Flaxseed
  • TREK bars (cocoa brownie & mixed berry)
  • Nakd bars (cashew cookie & gingerbread)
I've separated all my foods into cupboard foods and fridge foods and stored them accordingly.

I've put all my cupboard foods into a little container and placed it by my bed (which used to have a tray full of chocolate, nono!) in case I get hungry.

I've also placed all the fridge foods into a lunch box and popped that in the fridge so that it's all nice and organised... I'm a bit OCD with things like that LOL...

Of course, I will review these all fully when I've had a chance to indulge in them lol, but I have to say I am really looking forward to trying these foods & drinks!!! So far, the only thing I've tried is a cup of coffee with almond milk, which leaves a lovely sweet taste to the coffee, and the TREK cocoa brownie bar which I enjoyed much more than I would! I'm going to bring the cranberry drink and the sugar free sweets on the train with me in case I get peckish :-)

What do you think? Have you tried any of these health foods before? What are your favourite health/superfoods?

Let me know!

Sophia

xo

3 comments:

  1. Nice choices! Personally I really like Vita coconut water, but it's an acquired taste. If you don't like it immediately: keep sipping. I came around too. Almond Milk is delicious! I really like it for my breakfast combined with popped wheats with honey (from some bio brand, obviously. Other brands add tons of sugar :/) Dried mango is yummy too. That's all I had. I don't really like bars like that. The only way you can eat them is as a snack and I prefer plain regular fruit for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post! looks like you have some gr8 food there!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jolien Yeah I had the coconut water for the first time this morning & it's definitely an acquired taste!!! Ooh that sounds like a yummy breakfast combo :-) yeah I know what you mean about the snacking, I might have it more as an after-dinner treat ;-) xxx

    @Stephanie Thank you hun! Had a look at your blog, looks really helpful! I will defo be getting some of those snacks!

    xo

    ReplyDelete