Sunday 29 January 2012

Revlon Cherries in the Snow lipstick and nail enamel review (FOTD and NOTD!)

Hey lovelies!!!

HAPPY SUNDAY! I hope you are enjoying your day :-) I'm just sitting here blogging and watching Air Crash Investigation (I do this every Sunday, geek!)

I've been reading on quite a few blogs recently about Revlon's Cherries in the Snow range (such as Jennie from Sailboat - love her!) and it looked, well, amazing! So, me being the inquisitive type, had to go out and try it for myself!

Here's what I found...

Revlon Cherries in the Snow nail enamel

This is a lovely, creamy raspberry pink shade that just looks beautiful on the nails. I use my OPI Nail Envy (Original) base coat, 2 coats of Cherries in the Snow and then my Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat to complete the look. I have a feeling this shade will definitely be taking me into spring/summer!

You can buy this for £6.49 from Boots.

I've also added this image to my NOTD Archive, consisting of all my NOTD's since I started this blog :-D

Revlon Super Lustrous Cherries in the Snow lipstick

I don't know what it was exactly that drew me to this lipstick initially, but I guess I just felt like injecting a bit of colour to my face and this just seemed like a really stunning, but wearable, shade.

Here it is without flash...

& with flash...

Here it looks like it has a slight reddish tint, but it's definitely pinker IRL.

Swatches! Without flash...

& with flash...

Now these seem kind of purple, and the top one seems very red! OK so here it is on the actual lips lol.

Before...

After...

My first thoughts were "OMG, how vibrant!" It's not often I wear shades like these and I felt VERY out of my comfort zone wearing such a shocking shade. The lipstick itself was very pigmented and you really do need a light hand applying it. It's certainly a shade I don't own already, it's very unique and brings some colour into an otherwise pretty 'drab' look and is actually very flattering. I like it :-)

FOTD ft lipstick...

FACE
MAC Fix+ to prime
YSL Touche Eclat (#1)
Benefit Boi-ing concealer (02 Sand)
MAC Pro Longwear foundation (NC15)
NARS Laguna bronzer
MAC Fix+ to finish

EYES
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Urban Decay baked e/s (Buck) all over lid
Urban Decay baked e/s (Smog) in outer corners
Soap & Glory SUPERCAT eye-liner (top lid)
Avon Color Trend kajal stick (Brown) on lower waterline
CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara (Black)

LIPS
LUSH bubblegum lip scrub to prime
No7 nude lip liner
Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Cherries in the Snow

You can buy Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Cherries in the Snow for £7.49 from Boots.

Have you tried Revlon's Cherries in the Snow range? Would you wear a daring raspberry stained lip?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment