Sunday 8 January 2012

A few of my favourite Christmas prezzies :)

Oh hey guys!

How are y'all doing? I hope you're enjoying this very lazy Sunday! :) I know I am!

Now I know a lot of people don't enjoy reading these kinds of posts, I suppose they could be described as a tad self-indulgent... HOWEVER I've loved reading everyone else's Christmas prezzies posts, it gives me ideas of what to add to my lists next year (and I'm just nosy - haha!)

You may remember I posted before about my Christmas wishlist, which was also featured in Horsham's The Resident newspaper. Well you'll all be relieved to know (!) that I received quite a lot of 'on-list' presents... and lots of lovely surprises as well :)

Here are some of my favourites...

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and the 266 brush

My sis treated me to MAC's infamous Fluidline which I can't wait to try! I've been watching beautycrush's tutorial on youtube about how to apply this, but I know I'm going to find it a right struggle! The truth is, I usually have about 5 mins to apply my make-up in the morning so I reckon I will have to sit down one afternoon and really master how to use this properly!

Benefit Smokin' Eyes sexy eye & brow makeover kit

Ma mere purchased Benefit's Smokin' Eyes kit for me because I have to admit... I still haven't mastered the art of the smokey eye! I know, can you believe it - 21 years old and many an application of make-up later, I still cannot do it. I don't know whether it's the patience or what, but I really cannot do it! I need a guide like this to help me master it! I'm getting desperate here people!!!

The set contains smokey eye coloured eyeshadows, a kohl eyeliner and a mini brow zings set to name only a few items, and I'm hoping that with this kit I will have sexy smokey eyes & brows in no time. A girl can dream!

Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Eau de Parfum

I sampled this perfume a couple of months ago in the Fragrance Shop but couldn't really justify buying it when I have quite a few perfumes already (Miss Dior Cherie, Marc Jacobs Daisy & Clinique Happy are some of my many 'go-to' fragrances) however I have a feeling that this will be my new 'going out' fragrance! I'm rubbish at describing scents, but it's a lovely vanilla scent that's fresh and perfect for a night out. I mean with a name like 212 VIP what do you expect?!

Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation & Flawless Wear Concealer

EEEKKK!! I got tested for these items a number of months ago when I popped into Boots for some bits and bobs. The MUA applied both products to my face first thing in the morning and I was so surprised to find they were both still perfectly in tact come evening - even after a sweaty gym session! I know! But after reading a few reviews of the Doublewear foundation online I felt it would be too similar to my MAC Pro Longwear foundation that I use very regularly. I am still in love with Pro Longwear but it has a kind of sticky texture that I find rather odd to apply sometimes. So my Mum treated me to Estee Lauder's coveted foundation for Christmas and I went out and bought the concealer to match! FYI I'm the lightest POSSIBLE shade in both products lol - 'Bone' in the foundation and 'Light' in the concealer. Give me some sun! Full reviews to follow :)

Moroccanoil travel sized gift set

The boy did good! I've been lusting after Moroccanoil's Oil Treatment for YEARS but the boy did one better and got me the complete gift set! Containing a mini version of their luxe shampoo and conditioner, as well as a mini oil treatment and conditioning masque, I have a feeling my hair's going to be in pristine condition come February! Bring it on!

Treaclemoon Bath & Shower Gel / Body Scrub

I've never tried any of Treaclemoon's products before but I felt I had to mention these as they smell SO DAMN GOOD! :) The shower gel 'that vanilla moment' smells like Panettone cake (Italians will know!) whilst the body scrub 'my coconut island' smells just like holiday! I can't wait to use these in the shower :D!

LUSH Christmas Star bath gift set

It wouldn't be Christmas without LUSH! The only thing I need to do now is find the time to have a lovely, long relaxing bath. It was actually one of my new year's resolutions LAST year to take more baths to ease my stress levels but I admit I epically failed at that! I always feel like I'm hogging the bathroom and someone's going to bang on the door shouting 'I need the loo!' or something lol. Maybe that's just me...

DVDs

(from L-R: Celebrity Juice Too Juicy for TV, Bridesmaids, Gossip Girl Season 1, The Inbetweeners Movie)

Well I think you guys can guess MY sense of humour lol! I watched Bridesmaids in the cinema and absolutely died laughing, and the Inbetweeners movie was just hilarious. I've always been a fan of Celeb Juice and Gossip Girl is to watch late at night in bed :)

Books

I didn't ask for too many books this year as I not only have a list as long as my arm of books I need to read, but I'm also reading about 3 books on the go at the moment lol. However I would never say no to a good cook book - I really miss living at uni and cooking for myself every evening, and, well... Jamie Oliver is a living legend. I was soo happy I got the Twilight guide! You can never have enough Twilight knowledge... Twihard through and through baby!

Cath Kitson purse & key fob

Aww, so sweet! This purse is the perfect size, with enough room for all my cards, coins, receipts etc and it's such a beautiful, girly print - perfect for the summer :) and I always lose my keys so the floral fob will hopefully come in handy!

H&M gold sequin bodycon skirt

My sis treated me to this skirt after we tried it on together in H&M Crawlaay. I actually thought she had bought it for herself and was begging her to borrow it ALL CHRISTMAS! Turns out she bought it for me lol so now I get to wear it alll the time :) I might wear it to my work's Christmas party, I loove it :)

Classic Tall Ugg Boots - Black
Need I say anymore? These boots are just perfect! In fact, I'm wearing them right now! They're soo comfy! I received a short pair in Sand a couple of years ago and they are just the most versatile, durable boots ever invented. They are still in pretty good condition but obviously the sand colour gets a bit mucky. So hopefully these will last me a little longer :)

and saving the best 'til last...

CHOCOLATE!!!

Lots and lots of it! It's going to take me years to get through all of this lol. Looks like I won't be able to join Weight Watchers until I finish it all! ;-)

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and got all the lovely things you asked for!

What was your favourite present this year?

Love,

Sophia

xo

9 comments:

  1. loving the pressies :)..id love to see the review on the doublewear cause im desperate to try it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the inbetweeners movie, the part where they dance over to the girls had me in stitches for ages, I couldn't breathe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I got chocolate animals too - can't beat 'em, remind me of school lunch boxes. I love being nosey too and seeing what everyone got! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you did good! Jel over the moroccan oil gift set! I use the hydrating conditioning mask and oil but really want to try the shampoo. I am in love with Gossip Girl and your Cath Kidston pressies are cute! I've only just started to used gel liner too. It is much easer than you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sophie Lou I will defo review Doublewear... I just have to wear it first! Lol, it's still in its box at the mo. Can't wait to use it though! :) & u will be the first to know when its up!

    @Eloise Haha yeah I am LOL-ing just thinking of it now, I literally cannot wait to re-watch it on DVD, wonder if I'll pick up any jokes that I missed before lol x

    @April Lily I think they must've been on offer in Tesco or something cos literally everyone I know got a pack lol. OMG yes, and ice gems, the chocolate ones, do you remember them? I used to love having them in my lunch box! & mini jaffa cakes! Wow I could go on forever lol x

    @Simderella I know I was really lucky! Can't WAIT to try the Moroccanoil, but know I'm gonna get addicted and it will cost me loads to re-purchase lol. What brush do you use for your gel liner? I'm rubbish at applying eyeliner as it is lol let alone with a ruddy brush! Thanks tho :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just FYI if the Weight Watchers comment isn't a joke you can still have chocolate! It'll last ages and all you have to do is measure it out to keep within your points - seems like a pain but when you're on WW the amount of chocolate you can eat really feels like indulging!

    Nice one on all the pressies, you were spoilt rotten! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Meg Hey mate - No it isn't a joke, I am definitely considering joining but I don't wanna go on my own :( I just eat so much crap, today for breakfast I had coco shreddies followed my smokey bacon crisps! What is wrong with me?! Do you still go?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some lovely presents! Hope you had a great christmas? :)
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes thank you lovely :) hope you did too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete