Wednesday 25 January 2012

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Strut review, swatches & FOTD!

Hey guys!

I hope you're all good in the hood! :-)

I popped into Boots recently, and I had a quick rummage through their 'Clearance' section and guess what I picked up... one of these babys! Yup, one of Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows in the on-trend shade, Strut...

You know the best bit? It was reduced HALF PRICE, from £14 to £7... bargain! Someone had obviously wanted to try it before they bought it, because it had a few finger marks in it but it still had 98% of the product left, as you can see :)

It's a really wearable, glistening gunmetal shade that's perfect for a spin-off on the classic smokey eye ;-) Not only that, but the product is SO pigmented - Although it retails at £14, you just know it's going to last years as you only need to use the TINIEST amount!

So here's what Strut looks like on my eyes (closed):

and open:

I think it's a really striking colour that suits darker features like my own. I personally would think it's a bit harsh on fairer skintones (blue eyes, blonde hair!)

Here's a couple of full-face shots to see how it looks overall...

Also wearing...

MAC Fix+
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
NARS Laguna bronzer
NARS Orgasm blusher

H&M clear lipgloss (old)

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Strut
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid eye liner (Black)
Avon Color Trend kajal stick (Black)
2 coats of CoverGirl Last Blast Volume mascara (Black)

Ruby + Millie Brow Kit

I am really impressed with this eye shadow, and it's well worth the bargain £7 I paid for it! The only other Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow I own is the shade RSVP, which I picked up for £1 at a car boot sale!

I NEED some more of these shadows in my life! There's 12 shades available to buy at the moment & I'd love to try...
  • Birthday Suit (brushed chrome)
  • Bunny Hop (sparkling champagne) and
  • Busy Signal (venetian brown)
You can buy them on the newly re-vamped Benefit website for £14 here.

Have you tried Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows before? If so, what's your favourite shade? If not, what do you use instead?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. I was close to ordering one of the Benefit eyeshadows the other day but thought against it. It looks lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Cherry noooo! Which one were you going to buy? I am lusting after SOO much Benefit stuff at the mo! Sorry to read about your interview as well hun, job hunting sucks :-(

    xo

    ReplyDelete