Monday 30 January 2012

OOTN, FOTN & NOTN: A few drinks ft Revlon's LE Facets of Fuchsia nail enamel!

Hey ladiesss!

Hope you all had a fabulouso weekend :) I can't believe it's Monday AGAIN! You know what they say/sing, "just another manic Monday!" which is def how I'm feeling right now!

So anyways over the weekend I went out for a few drinks with some friends. I opted for quite a glam ensemble, I don't know about you but I would rather be dressed up than dressed down.

So here's my look from the weekend...

FASHION:

(excuse the glum face)
  • Black faux leather top - H&M (blog!)
  • Burgundy bodycon skirt - eBay seller (link!)
  • Black tights - TOPSHOP (link!)
  • Black suede ankle boots - eBay seller (link!)
  • Black oversized clutch - Dorothy Perkins (blog!)
  • Gold chain necklace - Vintage
MAKE-UP:

  • FACE: Benefit That Gal primer, Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker (02 Medium), YSL Touche Eclat (#1), Benefit Boi-ing concealer (02 Medium), Benefit Dallas bronzer, Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach).
  • EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Urban Decay baked e/s in Buck (all over lid); Gunmetal & Creep (used to create smokey eye), Soap & Glory SUPERCAT carbon black eye liner (top lid), Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (black) along lower waterline, 2 coats of CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara (Black). Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance (Brown).
  • LIPS: LUSH bubblegum lip scrub, Rimmel lip liner, Revlon lipstick in Cherries in the Snow (new! see blog post)
FYI, I think it's really important to apply lipstick correctly. My lipstick routine takes less than 5 minutes and guarantees your lipstick stays on alll night! Here's my routine...
  1. Prime your lips using a lip scrub (I use LUSH's bubblegum lip scrub as I get to lick it off after!)
  2. Line your lips using a pink lip liner (if you have one - otherwise use a nude one)
  3. Using a lip brush, blend the lip liner into the lips so it kind of stains your lips and acts as a base for the lipstick
  4. Now, using the same lip brush, apply the lipstick in short swipes on the lips, blot, repeat.
  5. Finish your lipstick with a coat of colour-sealing lipgloss or a few coats of Lipcote...
sorted :)

NAILS:

I recently bought this nail colour from Boots, along with the Cherries in the Snow lipstick & nail enamel, as it was on a 3 for 2 offer. Unfortunately, this nail enamel wasn't available at the time, so the lady ordered it in for me (only took a couple of days) and I was still entitled to the 3 for 2 offer! Did you know you can order ANYTHING that's on the Boots website into store for FREE? Amazing!!!

I bought this nail colour after seeing it on a couple of my favourite blogs and knew I had to have it! I love a bit of glitter me. I used my obligatory OPI Nail Envy as a base and then applied a coat of this. I was really taken aback as the formulation was really runny, and also kind of grey? I let it dry then applied another coat... Resume normality :) 2 coats was all it needed to create the effect above! I applied my Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat and then it was lovely and glossy, woop! :)

You can buy Revlon's LE Facets of Fuschia nail enamel for £6.49 from Boots.

What did you wear this weekend? Send me all your links!

Love,

Sophia

xo


3 comments:

  1. You look fab! I have cherries in the snow and I agree with you, it needs a lipliner as the formula is so smooth it's bound to bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that it's monday too! What a gorgeous look though, love the top especially good ole H&M!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gaelle Thanks hun! Yeah I know, I wish I'd known that the first time I applied it lol went EVERYWHERE!

    @Sarah Aww thank you! I need a S/S H&M haul now!

    xo

    ReplyDelete