Monday 9 January 2012

My eyebrow routine ft. £1.50 eye brush from Fragrance Direct!

Hey lovelies!

How are you all on this "manic Monday"? I've had a rather productive day I must say, but now I feel like it's the evening and I haven't actually stopped! Might drag myself down to an exercise class later to give me some much needed energy!

Now let's talk eyebrows.

Ever since I scarred my eyebrows as a child I've been reluctant to accentuate them and thus accentuate the scar. However I have learnt that a really good eyebrow pencil/shading action covers up the scar as well so I can still fill them in like normal!

When I first started filling in my eyebrows I used Avon's Kajal Stick in Brown which was probably a tad too dark looking back. Then I starting using MAC's Eyebrow pencil in Lingering (Kim K's eyebrow pencil of choice, dontcha know?) but I got fed up with the end that kept snapping off and it eventually ran out anyway.

Now I've found a beloved combo in the form of Ruby & Millie's Brow Enhance (Brown), applied using W7's Angled Eye Shadow Brush.

Here they are in all their glory...

I had to share this routine with you guys just because it's so damn easy.

  • STEP ONE

Using the brush, apply a little of the brow color (the brown one in the set) and use it to 'colour in' your brows

  • STEP TWO

No need to clean the brush, just add a little of the gel (the clear coloured one in the set) and, applying it where you've just applied the colour, use it to set the colour in place and finish off the look

THAT'S IT!

So here's my brows before...

and after...

brows before...

and after...

& here's a couple of face shots to show you how my new brows shape my face...

FYI I'm also wearing...

No7 Colour Calming Primer
Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation (True Ivory)
Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer (Sand)
NARS Laguna (bronzer) & Orgasm (blush)

Urban Decay e/s primer potion (Original)
Urban Decay baked e/s (Buck & Smog)
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye-Liner (Brown) on top lids
Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Brown) on lower waterline
No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara (Brown)
Ruby + Millie Brow Enhance (Brown)

Carmex lip balm (Original)

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with my eyebrow routine! I think they look really natural and 'tamed' and it only takes like a minute - it's no Scouse Brow but there ya go!

I bought the Ruby + Millie Brow Enhance from Boots when the line was in the clearance, but I believe it's pretty similar to other brow kits on the market, including ELF's or Benefit's. I bought the Eye Brush from Fragrance Direct for £1.50 but you can buy it online for less than £1!

What's your fail safe eyebrow routine?

Love,

Sophia

xo


2 comments:

  1. Ohh I don't really have an eyebrow routine but sometimes if I'm going out I'll put some dark eye shadow over the top to enhance them. This has intrigued me a lot though so going to look in to it! Your brows look great btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! Only prob with that I find is getting the right shade! Yeah it's definitely worth a shot :) thanks lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete