Sunday 11 December 2011

Glittery NOTN & FOTN - Christmas party...

Hey guys!

Hope you've all had wonderful weekends!! Hasn't it just flown by? I went to the cinema to see New Year's Eve with the fam earlier, I have to say I really enjoyed it :) stellar cast as well! Definitely worth a watch!

Anyways, in the week I attended The Resident's staff Christmas party which I really enjoyed! It's one of our local newspapers here in Horsham so it was really nice to meet all the other staff & freelancers at the paper! I felt like injecting a bit of festive glam into my outfit so I went for glittery nails AND eyes! What can I say, I love a bit of glitz, me!

Here's what I rocked on my nails...

Ooh hello gold glittery nails!!

Here's how I achieved this very festive look...

3 coats of Love & Beauty nail polish in Gold

+

3 coats of Saffron nail polish in Gold

=

Gold glittery nails!

(without flash)


(with flash)

I have to admit, I can't believe both polishes took THREE coats to reach their full effect!! I mean, come on!! I wore the plain Saffron gold colour on its own for a while before I found it too 'blah' and had to add the Saffron glitter one! But I was really disappointed with the Saffron nail polish - I didn't like the fact there were MASSIVE chunks of glitter in it, and it took ages to try! Oh well, it was only £2 or so so I'm not complaining :)

My friend Claire bought me the Love & Beauty gold colour from the States for me for my birthday and I bought the Saffron gold glitter one from eBay for £2 :)

Do you have a fave gold glittery nail colour that you'd recommend?

Now onto my make-up...I went quite glam with my make-up as it's the first time I've been out in a while... LOL. In all honesty, though, I did my make-up at about 9am in the morning and literally just re-did my eyeliner and added a touch of lipgloss to go out in the evening, I didn't touch up my face AT ALL and this pic was taken at about 8pm... Love live MAC Pro Longwear that's all I can say!

I wore...

No7 Colour Calming Primer
Mac Pro Longwear Foundation applied with MAC 180 Brush
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium)
NARS Laguna bronzer + Orgasm blusher

Urban Decay e/s Primer Potion
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye-Liner (Black)
Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Black end)
Collection 2000 Glitter eye liner in Black/Gold (you can't really see this in the pic above but I covered my lids in it, love it!)
Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Mascara (Black)

Benefit The Gloss in Clear (discontinued I think)

Have you rocked glittery nails/eyes/lips(!!) yet? What's your fail safe glitter make-up product?

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment