Tuesday 6 December 2011

TOPSHOP make-up reviews inc. swatches & FOTD!

Hey guys!

I hope you're all well today :) I expect most of you are at work or studying, boo! :( I'm just getting ready to go to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park with the bf! Have any of you been? I can't wait, I have no idea what to wear though!

So anyway, you may remember, back in August I blogged about a few TOPSHOP make up purchases and, well, I realised... I'd never actually got around to reviewing them! So here they are... :) Enjoy!

(Clockwise from left: LE Gloss Stick in Ablaze, Cream Blush in Pinch, LE Eyeshadow Crayon in Equinox & LE Eyeshadow Mousse in Glint)

TOPSHOP Cream Blush in Pinch

First up is this cream blush in the shade Pinch. Now I had my eyes on the cult Neon Rose and Flush shades but unfortunately these were both sold out in Topshop Oxford Circus at the time :( Noo!

So I settled for this raspberry pink shade instead - I just couldn't resist buying one of their renowned cream blushes! For £6 as well, you can't go wrong really!

It looks REALLY striking in the pan, and I have to admit it's pretty striking when applied straight to the cheeks as well!

Here's a cheeky swatch...

It does appear to glisten in this photo but it doesn't have that texture when you apply it to the skin, in fact it's very matte looking - it does require a lot of rubbing in though to make you not look like a doll!

I'm giving it a solid 4*. The texture is 5* but the shade is just a bit too daring for my taste! You can see how it appears on my face in my FOTD at the end of this post :)

TOPSHOP LE Eyeshadow Mousse in Glint

Next up is this eyeshadow mousse in the shade Glint - a product I'd been coveting for aaages!


It's a lovely glistening taupe shade in the pot that would be absolutely perfect for a daytime smokey eye. The texture is a little lighter than I was expecting - I guess I've never tried an eyeshadow 'mousse' before and was just expecting it to be like Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows, etc! ... It's not!

Here's a swatch...

It looks very similar here to Urban Decay's baked e/s in Smog which I use on an almost daily basis!

So here's my eye make-up after applying Glint...

You can just about see it on the edges of my lid...

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with this product. Despite it looking absolutely divine in the pot, the colour pay off on the eyes is pretty poor. The consistency is just so thin that you can barely see it. I will try and see how I get on if I apply LOADS of the product, but again I'll give it just 3*s. The colour is spot on but the consistency is a little 'off'. Sorry, Toppers...

TOPSHOP LE Eyeshadow Crayon in Equinox

Next up is this eyeshadow crayon that I received as a present. I'd seen it doing the rounds on a couple of my favourite blogs, so my lovely friend Flo treated me to it.

It's a very faint, shimmery gold eyeshadow 'crayon' that you can apply to your eyelids.

Here's a swatch...

The colour on the swatch is so lovely, but sadly (again) the pay off on the lids is pretty poor. It's a VERY faint gold shade that you really need to apply a couple of layers of to even be able to see it. I think, instead, I will use it as a cheek highlighter cos I reckon it would be perfect for that! In fact I might even pop it in my handbag now :) So just 3 *'s from me...

TOPSHOP LE Gloss Stick in Ablaze

Don't worry, I'm (unintentionally) saving the best 'til last! Last up is this gloss stick in the shade Ablaze that was part of the LE Sandstorm collection.

It's a striking peach shade that has tiny little bits of glitter shot through it.

So here are my lips before:

and after:

It's really hard to describe the consistency of it, but basically when you apply it to your lips it turns into this uber glossy, ultra shiny lip colour! I absolutely am in love with it! Granted it's not the ideal shade for A/W11, but I will definitely be making good use of it in S/S12! 5*s :D

FOTD featuring all the above products...

I'm wearing...

17 Photo Flawless Primer
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium)
Mac Pro Longwear Foundation (NC15) applied with MAC 190 Foundation Brush
TOPSHOP Cream Blush in Pinch
Mac Fix+

Mac Painterly Paint Pot as base
Urban Decay Baked e/s in Buck all over lid
TOPSHOP e/s crayon in Equinox in inner corners
TOPSHOP e/s mousse in Glint in outer corners
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner (Black) on top lid
Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Brown) in lower waterline
No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara (Brown/Black)

TOPSHOP Gloss Stick in Ablaze

Have you tried TOPSHOP make up before? What are your favourite products?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment