Wednesday 30 March 2011

USA make-up treats!

Hey ladies :)


When my boyfriend's family visited the States recently, I asked them to pick up a couple of goodies for me. Reading beauty blogs all over the world, I knew exactly what I wanted. Here's what they picked up...

CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
This cult mascara was top of my list! I'd seen it reviewed by Amy on makeupandbeauty.ie when she went to Chicago and it just looked amazing.

Here's what the product says...

"The biggest brush EVER from COVERGIRL, for a blast of lush, volumized lashes lashblast's volume-boosting formula and brush are designed to max out each and every lash leaving you with the ultimate big lash look."

So here's my lashes before...

(excuse the no make-up, I thought it would make for a better transformation!)

and here's my lashes afterwards...
As you can see, it's completely worth its cult status! Look how much it's volumized and lengthened them! Considering my lashes were pretty non-existent before, I think this mascara has done a fantastic job. I used 2 coats to reach this effect.

If you're looking for a U.K. dupe...

... I'd recommend Avon's SuperShock mascara (left in the picture). The brush head is just as fat, if not fatter! Buy it online here.

I also got...

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy
I'd seen this on Anna Saccone's blog and it just seemed like a really natural, rosy shade that I could wear everyday.
Here it is... :)

Here's what Rimmel say about the product...

"Lasting Finish Lipstick now delivers up to 8 hours staying power. The improved formula incorporating Colour Protect technology gives up to 25% more colour impact. Intensity, smoothness, shines and up to 8 hours wear - Lasting Finish Lipstick truly has it all!"

So here's my lips before...

(I used Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Protectant here as a base for the lipstick - see review here)

and here's my lips afterwards...
OK, it's not that different, but that what was I was expecting. A really natural pink. I love it, but it might be too sheer for you. I have to say, I don't think this U.S. lipstick comes under the umbrella of Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipstick with an "improved formula" because it lasted about 30 mins before fading...

What products from the USA would you recommend?

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think of this post...

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. I use lash blast and I actually like it better than my Givenchy mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It is pretty awesome, shame it's not available over here :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete