Sunday 13 March 2011

Review: TRESemmé Reconstructing Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA recently - I've got a major project due on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll post some more after that! I have about 10 posts lined up in my draft waiting to be published, just need to find the time! :)

I'm currently using L'Oréal Colour Protect Shampoo & Conditioner on my hair and I've been after something a bit 'special' to use as a deep treatment in the shower. I picked up this product from Superdrug - It was half price, down to £2.15 (along with a few other TRESemmé products actually) and it'd been on my wishlist for a while. It was only £1.93 with 10% NUS Extra student discount in the end :)

(TRESemmé Reconstructing Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque)

I have to say, I'm not overly impressed with this product so far. The first time I used it, it made my hair really greasy and it kind of put me off using it. Since then, I've only used it on the ends of my hair, but sparingly, for fear of it going greasy! I'm always really hopeful that it's going to make my hair lovely and glossy every time I use it, but it kind of just sticks to my head and even after I've blow dried I can still feel it when I touch my hair. It's not awful, but I don't think it really brings much to my hair. Maybe my hair isn't damaged enough? Who knows...

Here's what the consistency looks like...

... very thick and creamy. It smells nice! :)

I probably won't re-purchase this, especially not for its RRP of around £5. I'll be sticking with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (read my review here) from now on :)

Following on from my disappointing experience with TRESemmé Dry Shampoo a few weeks ago, I'm hoping TRESemmé are really going to impress me with their next product! I've just bought their Salon Silk Serum, so fingers crossed I have better luck with that... I love the Colour Protect shampoo + conditioner from them, too, so it's not all bad :)

What's your experience of TRESemmé? Good or bad?

Leave your comments below :)

Love,

Style by Sophia

xo

UPDATE 05/04/2011: I've been using this product as a pre-conditioning treatment and it's been working MUCH better :) Obviously just too heavy to be used as a final treatment :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey hun. It's a shame you didn't like this conditioner, it's one I used to use quite a bit as a once a week treatment for the ends of my hair when it was long and I used to get on okay with it, but there are better treatments out there. I was disappointed with their fresh dry shampoo range too, especially the waterless foam one, it made my hair feel disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Aussie products r really good

    http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gem Yeah I know, I'm really gutted :( I wanted to use it as an intensive conditioner but, no matter how much I apply, it never seems to work really. What do you use now? Their dry shampoo range didn't live up to expectations at ALL :(

    @Becks Hey, yes I LOVE their 3 Minute Miracle for long hair! So good!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this two for £8 offer superdrug along with liquid gold argon infused oil £7.99 i have been usig the conditioner twice weekly becoz my hair is very very dry and damaged through bleaching my hair is also really thick and wavy and long naturally.l. I wash my hair with shampoo once every 7 to 10 days and wash it with conditioner every other day inbetween. When i deep condition i mix the 4 tablespoons of the tresemme deep treatment with four squirts of the oil i apply to washed hair warm a damp tea towel in the microwave until just hot enough to handle wrap my hair leave to cool and repeat then rinse. It locks in the moisture and so far is working wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg Carly that sounds AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for the tips xxx

    ReplyDelete