Sunday 20 March 2011

Little Primark Haul & a few bargains...

Hey ladies!

Now, you know me, I love nothing more than scouring out a good bargain. Being a student, it's inherent that I try to spend the least amount on clothes, while still looking stylish!

Primark's a bit hit and miss with me. I remember I used to spend loads in there in the past, but the stuff I bought would always end up in my car boot pile! I think it's good when you want a dress for a night out that you know you'll only wear a couple of times. I went there with my Mum this weekend and picked up a few items...

Cream leather gilet - £15
This was one of those things that you just happen to pick up on a whim, but I was surprised to see that it actually fitted me really well. I've been looking for a cream leather jacket for ages, but I just reckon I'd get really hot and sticky in one, so this gilet is a compromise :) I tend not to have my arms on show very often so it's a bit out of my comfort zone, but I felt really confident wearing it and I plan to wear it with a plain white vest and khaki jeans in the springtime.

Tan leather sandals - £10

Love, love, love! I also picked up these Jesus-style sandals - They're real leather as well, can you believe it?! They were so comfy when I tried them on and I plan on wearing them with turquoise toenails (perhaps Rimmel 60 Seconds in Sky High - see here) when the weather heats up a bit.

Tan belt - £2.50
Finally, I picked up this cute belt, perfect for cinching my waist in little summer dresses :) It was a little on the big side but because of the way it's designed, you can fit the belt bit into any of the little holes in the flowers...

So a successful trip to Primark overall, I didn't go wild but I did pick up some lovely goodies :)

I also picked up a few other bargains this week...

Black leather bag - £10 - George at Asda
Now you may remember this from a certain 'Steal Her Style - Kim Kardashian' recently (read it here) and I for one just couldn't resist this beauty! In the style of the famed Balenciaga bags that all the celebs wear, this is a gorgeous bit of arm candy but without the hefty price tag.

I plan on wearing it like this, below:


I also picked up a cute shirt as well this week...

I've seen everyone wearing these peach chiffony blouses recently, but I just can't bear the whole you can see your bra thing, and besides, nobody would want to see mine, anyway! haha. I believe I picked this up when Boohoo were offering 30% off and/or free delivery, so it only came to around £10 in the end. It fits perfectly and I plan on wearing it with high waisted shorts or wet-look leggings and sky-high heels.

I love finding things that look expensive, but for a fraction of the price. :)

Have you picked up any bargains recently?

Lots of love,

Style by Sophia

xo

2 comments: