Sunday 20 November 2011

FOTD ft. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in Shade #8

Hey lovelies!

I know, I'm on a roll!!! Haha. Today, I went to the cinema (Breaking Dawn, baby! How gross was the birth scene?? erlack!) with my other half and I sported a fairly natural look. I mean, who really cares what you look like in the dark?! I rocked a lippie that's fairly recent to my collection; one of the new(ish) ones that Kate Moss designed for Rimmel. I thought I'd give you a guys a little review of it, leading up to the FOTD... :)

Soooo... After much deliberation (I almost bought #3 but thought it was too 'nude' for me) I decided on shade #8!

All of Kate's lipsticks are emblazoned with her signature on the side, but the packaging is standard Lasting Finish format, except for the all black exterior.

Shade #8 has been described on the blogosphere as a mauvey, rosey nude with a slight shimmer. I would definitely agree with that!

Here's a shot of the lippie without flash...

& with flash...

It looks very 'tea rose' in these pics but it's definitely darker & a little more mauvey IRL.

Here's a quick swatch... (and when I say quick, I mean quick... LOL)

It's not as shimmery on the lips.

Here's the obligatory before & after lip shots. It's gotta be done!

Before...

& after...

excuse the blemished skin... eurgh!

Of course, the best way to see how it really looks is with a full-face shot...

I was also wearing...

MAC Fix+ as primer
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC15) using MAC 190 Foundation Brush
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02)
YSL Touche Eclat
NARS Laguna bronzer & Orgasm blusher

Urban Decay e/s primer potion (Original)
Urban Decay baked e/s in Buck all over lid
Urban Decay baked e/s in Smog in outer corners
Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eye-liner (Brown) on top lid
Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Brown) in lower waterline & on eyebrows
No7 Exceptional Definition mascara (Brown)

LUSH Bubblegum lip scrub to prep
No7 lip liner in Nude applied with a lip brush
Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in #8

Soo... What do I think of the lipstick?

PRO's:

Decent price - a fiver is great value!
Colour - it's a lovely, natural rose shade. Quite dark but perfect for the winter months.
Taste - Really random but it tastes like sherbet to me! Yummy...
Brand association - The fact that Kate Moss designed it is a real plus, it makes you feel like you're wearing a piece of her every time you apply it!

CON's:
Longevity - It definitely doesn't last all day. You have to re-apply every couple of hours. Not so bad but the fact it's marketed as a lasting finish lipstick is a bit of a con!

Overall, I'd give it a solid 4 STARS :)

Have you tried any of Kate's lipsticks for Rimmel?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo


3 comments:

  1. This lipstick looks lovely! Love your hair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree - I bought two of these lipsticks and the finish and colours are lovely but the lasting power is AWFUL, mine will literally last about an hour if I'm lucky :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren Thank you lovely!!

    @Daisy I know it's so annoying, oh well I'll have to buy another to pop in my handbag. lol x

    ReplyDelete