Friday 10 February 2012

NOTD: Kardashian Kolor for Nicole by OPI - Kourt Is Red-Y For A Pedi

Hey guys!
Here's what I've been rocking on my nails for the past week; Kourt Is Red-Y For A Pedi, part of the Kardashian Kolor collection for Nicole by OPI.

THE KARDASHIAN KOLOR RANGE:

OK so anyone who knows me will know that I am OBSESSED (borderline stalker) with the Kardashians. Kim is obviously my fave, but I can't get enough of Kourt, Khloe, Kendall, Kylie, Rob, Kris, Bruce... Heck even Brody and Avril!!!

Nicole by OPI announced they were launching a holiday collection with the Kardashians called Kardashian Kolor. So I was obvs desperate to get my hands on one. With Kim being my fave, I was hoping I'd get one of 'hers' so I could be like 'her' lol shallow I know. BUT the shades were obviously designed with Christmas/winter in mind and I had to invest in a polish that would last me through the summer months. So no multicoloured glitters, dark burgundys or matte greys for me. So in the end it was a toss up between Kourt Is Red-Y For A Pedi (vibrant tomato red) or All Kendall-ed Up (creamy bubblegum pink). I wanted to go for the pink because I really have very few shades like that in my collection, whereas I have loads of reds/oranges. In the end I went for Kourt Is Red-Y For A Pedi because whilst I do have lots of reds/oranges, I DO wear those type of shades ALL the time, and none of the ones I own currently are high end ie. OPI. Also I have more of a 'thing' for Kourtney - I feel I'm most like her actually as we are both the eldest of 6... Mad I know!
I refused to buy online and pay more for postage and packaging, so I made a little trip to Colourcopia in Westfield, Shepherds Bush and picked up Kourt Is Redy For A Pedi at full RRP :-) (which I think was about £9). This was a lot to spend on a nail polish, but to be frank I could never afford to wear the kinds of clothes/accessories than the Kardashians wear, so this was my way of getting a little Kardashian luxury in my life! Also, as I will begin to explain, it was TOTALLY worth it!

THE NAIL VARNISH:

I am SOOO impressed with this!!! I always forget how much better quality high end polishes like OPI really are. They are not extortionately priced for nothing people. I used my obligatory OPI Nail Envy as a base coat and my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and it lasted 5-6 days without chipping! I was amazed, I'm used to my nail varnish chipping within 1-2 days! I am definitely going to save up and invest in OPI nail colour in the future, it's so worth it. I really want to get my hands on the OPI Best of the Best minis collection but it's going for £25+ on eBay... Eeek!

Here's the official Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor website with all the pretty shades - click here.

If you'd like to read a more in-depth review of the Kardashian Kolor range, check out Laura's blog post here.

Have you tried the Kardashian Kolor range? Tempted? Or is it just a clever marketing ploy?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

Ps. I've added this to my NOTD Archive page.


No comments:

Post a Comment