Tuesday 21 February 2012

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl, Posie Tint and High Beam reviews and FOTD!

Hey lovelies!

I hope you've all had a fab Tuesday! Is anyone getting Domino's Two for Tuesdays? I could kill for a Domino's right now! Ha.

Now I don't know about you guys but I'm certainly stretched for pennies at the mo. That doesn't exactly go hand in hand with wanting to try loads of new beauty products! But I've found an innovative way around that... Buy sample sizes!


(From L-R: Benefit High Beam/Girl Meets Pearl/Posie Tint)


If I fall in love with it, or run out of product, I'll think about buying the full-sized version but until I'm 100% sure I want it, it's a waste of money really!

I bought all these Benefit samples on eBay for about £2-3 e, all you have to do is eBay 'Benefit minis' and LOADS come up!

Girl Meets Pearl
Liquid pearl for face



I've been absolutely craving this product ever since it was released! I swear by That Gal brightening primer in the evenings, and so I figured this primer would be a great addition to my family of primers! I envisioned it making my skin look luminous and radiant, like liquid pearl!

The sample size is only 7.5ml, which as you can see from the picture below, is pretty tiny!

Here's some swatches (left without flash, right with):
It's a pinky coloured liquid that appears iridescent when blended out. I have to admit it did not work AT ALL for me as a primer. It contained SO MUCH shimmer that it just looked unnatural all over my skin. It changed the colour of my skin to pinky and it just didn't work for me. So I gave it a bash as a highlighter instead and it worked MUCH better! :-)
Girl Meets Pearl as highlight. Love!

Girl Meets Pearl (as primer) - 2*
Girl Meets Pearl (as highlight) - 4*

Posie Tint
Poppy-pink tinted lip & cheek stain

I've had my eye on Posie Tint for a while, but I've restrained from buying it as I really hate the consistency of Benetint and I figured they would be the same. I had high hopes for Benetint but I was bitterly disappointed as it's just so watery. However, the consistency of Posie Tint is COMPLETELY different! (in a good way)

Again the sample size is pretty small (just 2.5ml) but provided you don't use it every day, it should last!

Posie Tint swatches (left without flash, right with):
I don't know why they describe it as poppy pink because it really isn't. It's a very bright, almost bubblegum pink, that blends out into a 'flush' of pink. I love the consistency, it's not runny at all, and so easy to blend! I don't often wear blusher but I can definitely see myself wearing this cream blusher! I wouldn't wear this as a lip colour though, I prefer more of a natural look to my lips most of the time!

Posie Tint (as blush) - 4*

High Beam
Luminescent complexion enhancer
OK now this is a product I've been lusting after for many a year! My friend Becky had it at uni and I was always well jel! I guess I couldn't justify buying it when I already have a heap of highlighters!

High Beam is the same sample size as Posie Tint (2.5g) but luckily you only need the TINY amount!
High Beam swatches (left without flash, right flash):
High Beam is used as a highlight, and highlight only! It's made for that job and it's absolutely wonderful at it!
(High Beam as highlight)

I simply added a TINY amount to my cheek bones, temple and bridge of my nose and it instantly attracts the light to create a luminous complexion. It's SO natural looking, perfect for wearing during the day to give that 'glowy' look!

High Beam (as highlight) - 5*


FOTD:

FACE: Benefit Girl Meets Pearl as primer, Stila Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser (01 Medium), Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker (02 Medium), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), YSL Touche Eclat (#1), Benefit Posie Tint as blush, Benefit High Beam as highlight.

EYES: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original), Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow (RSVP) all over lid; TOPSHOP Mousse e/s (Glint) both applied using a No7 lip brush, Soap & Glory SUPERCAT liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Black) on lower waterline, 2 coats of CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara (Black).

EYEBROWS: Mac Eyebrow Pencil (Dirty Blonde).

LIPS: Benefit Her Glossiness lipgloss (Who Are You Wearing?)

I used all of the mini products I mentioned, but I would definitely swap the Girl Meets Pearl from primer to highlight as it just looked so glittery as a primer! I also forgot to add bronzer (I say forgot, I thought it would make the other products stand out more) - NEVER again! I look like death!

What Benefit products are on your lust list? Tempted to just buy sample sizes instead?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo


5 comments:

  1. high beam is amazing, i had the sample from benefit last year, use it pretty much every day and theres loads left, i think thats the joy of benefit testers/minis :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant glamour magazine not benefit, silly me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, there were so many different testers available online, I don't see why anyone would buy the full-priced version!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries lol I know what you meant, that's when I got Benetint!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. You look absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete