Wednesday 22 February 2012

Giving up my Urban Decay NAKED Palette for Lent!

Good evening peeps :-)

I hope you're all having a relaxing night, I'm watching my FAVE show, American Idol! Literally the best thing on the box at the mo, love it... and J-Lo is a hottie!

So today is the official start of Lent, and though I'm not a practising Christian myself, I do give up a few luxuries over this period. Last year I gave up caffeine for 40 days and I felt really rejuvenated afterwards! I had no coffee, tea, diet coke, chocolate etc for 40 days and by the end I wasn't craving it at all! This year I'm going to try and give up carbs, gonna see how that goes though, coming from an Italian background every meal is pasta LOL. Even if I'm unable to, I will still try and cut them down.

More importantly however, I'd decided to part ways with my Urban Decay NAKED Palette for 40 days... cue sad face.

It's been a tough decision for me to make (prima donna lol) but recently I've just been really lazy and only used my NAKED palette, neglecting all others.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my NAKED palette, I use it pretty much every day. But I've started to get stuck in a rut, I use the same shades EVERY day (Buck and Smog...snooze) and I've forgotten how to experiment with other shades/brands.

I have a WHOLE drawer of powder eyeshadows that have barely been touched since I got my NAKED palette for Christmas 2010. I remember when my Sleek Storm palette was my best friend, and I swore by my Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes kit. Heck, I even remember the days when all I used was my single Rimmel eyeshadows!

I'm not looking to cut my NAKED palette out of my life forever, I'm just hoping that by forbidding myself from using it for a while, I'll be able to try out different shades and colours that would otherwise lay neglected in my drawer. I'll report back after Easter Sunday to let you know how it goes!

Urban Decay's NAKED palette is available for £32 on BeautyBay.com.

Are you stuck in a rut with your make-up? Why not cut them out for Lent and see how you get on?

Let me know what you think.

Love,

Sophia

xo

PS. I am desperate to get my hands on the NAKED2 palette, but I don't exactly have £36 going spare so it looks like I won't be getting it for a while.../ever!




2 comments: