Thursday 30 August 2012

Bargain haul of the week: TK Maxx - L'Oréal, Sally Hansen, Essie and Garnier

Hey guys!
I hope you're having a fab week. Can you believe it's Thursday tomorrow?! Haha.
So I don't know about you guys, but TK Maxx is one of my weaknesses. I would like to think I'm a measured, sensible shopper - checking out reviews, images and the like before purchasing - but with TK Maxx, my shopping rules fly out of the window!
I love me a bargain, and my 'get it or regret it' instinct takes over. I literally cannot walk into TK Maxx anymore without picking something up from the Beauty section. Here's what I hauled...
Believe me, I had LOADS more in my basket - but I managed to walk out with *just* this lot.
L'Oréal Tan Intensifier After-Sun Care
RRP £7.15 NOW £3.99
I'm not actually going anywhere anywhere this year but I just HAD to stock up on this stuff! It's the best aftersun EVER, seriously. I've used it for years and it works brilliantly. It smells lovely, soaks in quickly and really helps to prolong a tan. It can also be used as a gradual tan as it has tanning pigments in it too. Definitely pick some of this stuff if you get the chance!
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips - 120 It Girl
RRP £9.95 NOW £3.99
I've not actually used nail polish strips before so I can't wait to try these out! I've heard really great things about these Sally Hansen ones from bloggers in the States so I'm hoping to try these over a pair of falsies. The neon pink shade is really on trend too :-)
Essie Nail Polish Trio
WAS £26.97 NOW £9.99
I've always wanted to get my hands on Essie but in all honesty I've got enough shades to last me a lifetime! This Essie set caught my eye because it's a 3 pack and so it works out to about 3 quid each. They do feature the old style brush, but hopefully it will give me a feel for the Essie brand as I know it's a bloggers fave.
Unfortunately, all of the shades in this pack had the wrong shade on them or no shade at all so I can't tell you which ones they are. I did a bit of research though and the one on the right is called A List - if you're wondering!
The 3 pack included a bubblegum pink, a dark burgundy and a pillar box wear. All shades I can see myself wearing so it's a winner in my books!
Sally Hansen Super Shine Shiny Top Coat
WAS £4.99 now £2.99
I've always been a huge fan of Sally Hansen products as they're such great quality and often at really low prices. I love to snap them up on discount websites like Fragrance Direct and so I knew I wanted this from TK Maxx straight away. I was really underwhelmed by the Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat so I'm hoping that this one is better! I like my nails to look glossy and chip-free so this seemed to fit the bill.
Garnier Intensive 7 Days Protecting Hand Cream
NOW £2.99
Well, a girl can never have enough hand cream - right?! I use this before I go to bed to keep my hands nice and nourished overnight. It absorbs instantly and leaves them smelling lovely and fresh! Would definitely recommend :-)
So that's it for this time, but trust me there'll be more where that came from - bargain beauty FTW!
Have you picked up any bargains in TK Maxx recently? It's amazing what you can find in there sometimes!
Love,
Sophia
xo


4 comments:

  1. i love tkmaxx so much.. loving all your nail purchases.. might just have to have a nosey i didnt realise they sold the nail polish strips in the uk i thought it was an american thing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink essie colour looks like "guilty pleasures" which I have, its from the summer 08 collection, though essie does a lot of similar shades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got both of this Sally Hansen products in a recent tkmaxx haul too! I love the top coat (although SH insta-dri will always be my favourite!) but I was a tad disappointed with the polish strips. I'd love to know how you get on with them and I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes crazy in tkmaxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sophie Lou You definitely should have a nosey around hun! Did you find any of the strips? X

    @Betsy Boat Ahh thank you hun, you may well be right! :) x

    @Robyn Haha your comment made me lol, I've since hauled TK Maxx again!! Ahh cool I defs need to try Insta Dri :) x

    @Beauty Daze Ohh which TIGI did you pick up? I'm eyeing up the Brilliant Brunette range in there... X

    ReplyDelete