Sunday 26 August 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie: Review, swatches and FOTD

Hey loves!

I hope you had a great weekend and are looking forward to Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow :-)

Recently, I acquired one of the much raved about Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. I picked up the shade, 050 Berry Smoothie...
Modelled by Easy A actress Emma Stone, the Revlon Lip Butters are a buttery balm / shiny lipstick hybrid that're available in 15 colours.
The Lip Butters feature the traditional Revlon lipstick quilted packaging and are in the colour of the lipstick shade inside, so mine (Berry Smoothie) is purple :-)

Swatches:
(top - without flash, bottom - with flash)

I swatched literally all of the Revlon Lip Butters in Boots and Superdrug, and Berry Smoothie was the shade that complemented my complexion the best. As hyped up as the other Lip Butters are, I wanted to be sure I chose a shade that suited me the most and that was wearable on a daily basis. Berry Smoothie definitely fits the bill - I would describe it as a sheer, glossy sparkle with very discreet micro shimmer.

Lip swatches:
(top - bare lips, bottom - after applying Revlon Berry Smoothie)

I have to say, the Revlon Lip Butters aren't hyped up for nothing - they're actually pretty darn good! I simply love wearing mine :-) I apply it to the lips and it gives it instant wash of berry toned colour. It feels lovely and nourishing and lasts on the lips for a good 3 hours before fading. It really does look and feel AMAZING! :-) I can't wait to stock up on some more!

FOTD including Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie:
FACE: MAC Fix+, YSL Touche Eclat #1, MAC Studio Fix Concealer [NW15], MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (applied with ELF Stippling Brush), Benefit Hoola bronzer (applied using an unbranded bronzing brush), MAC Fix+.

EYES: Sleek Storm Palette - taupe and brown shades, Soap & Glory SUPERCAT felt tip liner, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick.

LIPS: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters are priced at £7.99 and available from Boots and Superdrug as well as online retailers :-)

Have you given in to the Revlon Lip Butter hype? What shade would you recommend?

Love,

Sophia

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment