Saturday 11 December 2010

NOTD: New York Color in Canal Street

Hi girls :)

In our house over the weekend, we celebrated Christmas early with a yummy roast, crackers, prezzies & lots of wine! A suitable Chrismassy nail varnish had to be donned accordingly!

What do you think of it?

(NYC nail varnish in Canal Street)

It's New York Color in a shade called 'Canal Street' (all their nail varnishes are named after various places in New York!)

Now this is the first time I've purchased anything from the range, but I'd read about this particular shade of nail varnish on The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog (one of my favourite beauty bloggers out there). I picked it up in Superdrug & I think it was £2.59! I used my NUS Extra discount as well so I got an extra 10% off & it came to about £2.30 - BARGAIN!

I absolutely love it! It's so festive; it's like a dark red glitter but from different angles it has bits of purple, burgundy, even gold in it! I wouldn't say it needs 2 coats but I do anyway & it's not chipped so far (it's been about 5 days!) I will definitely be purchasing more NYC nail colours in the future!

Have you tried the NYC range? If so, what would you recommend?

Love,

Style by Sophia

xo

PS. If you're a student and interested in getting an NUS Extra card & saving 10% at ASOS, Superdrug & Missguided to name but a few, please sign up here using my referral code FBSM603501429897 - thanks! )

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweety!
    I have never tried NYC products but I do think this is a very elegant colour for nails!
    I have just beginning to follow your tweets too.
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm definitely going to be buying some more NYC colours in the future! I've got my eye on 'Manhattan' :)

    Love,
    Style by Sophia
    xo

    ReplyDelete