Monday 2 July 2012

Shopping the stash: Sunday make-up shake up and FOTD (+ a sunny weekend OOTD!)

Hey loves!

I hope your Monday wasn't too manic :-) I'm sure it was back to work for most of you, but I hope it wasn't too bad!

So you may remember recently I did a make-up shake up post - it's basically where you go through old items of your make-up to try and find lost make-up loves! Well I did it again recently :-) here's what I used...


FACE:

Clockwise from L-R: ELF Studio Blush in Peachykeen - No7 Concealer Brush - MeMeMe Sunbeam Highlighter - No7 Bronzing Duo - unbranded bronzing brush - Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - No7 Colour Calming Primer - Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge - MAC Studio Finish Concealer

I started by using my No7 primer, which I used to use all the time but have overlooked recently. It is fab - it just needs a lot of blending so you're not left with green residue! The Rimmel foundation was a bit pants to be honest, and the shade was too dark. I use the MAC concealer often - but I didn't have any other concealers to try! I loved the No7 bronzer, it's lovely and matte and leaves you with a natural, golden glow. I also forgot how much I LOVED the ELF blush, too! They're so pigmented and such great quality.

EYES:
From L-R: Avon SuperExtend Mascara - No7 Eyeshadow Blend & Contour Brush - Cosmopolitan Smokey Eyes Brush - Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner - Natural Collection Eyeliner in White - No7 Lip Brush (as eye brush) - No7 Eyeshadow Brush

I didn't use a primer, as I only use one (Urban Decay) so I had none to test. I tried the white eyeliner on my lower waterline, which instantly made me look more awake and 'refreshed'. The Avon gel eyeliner was AMAZING (I've heard it's favoured by the Pixiwoo girls!) - but the Superextend mascara was just OK.

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Contour Kit

I used to SWEAR by this palette before the likes of the Sleek Storm/Urban Decay NAKED Palette etc! I love the natural, brown shades in it. I also used the darker brown eyeshadow as a brow shadow, which worked so well! I have never thought to use brown eyeshadow on my brows before :-)

LIPS:
ELF Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude - The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick - Lipcote

The lip care stick smells AMAZING! Literally like yummy chocolate. It primes your lips perfectly, ready for lipstick. I also rekindled my love for the ELF lipstick - it feels lovely and moisturising and just looks so natural and flattering on your lips. The Lipcote helped to seal the colour in, too.

FOTD:
I used all the products above :-)

Overall, I'd say I found some forgotten gems - but I also found some make-up I will definitely be getting rid of!

In other news - it was also quite sunny here over the weekend, so I got my legs out! (shock horror!!!)

OOTD:
Mint green vest - Dorothy Perkins
Cream belt - ASOS
Ditsy print culottes - Boohoo

Have you shopped your stash recently? Found any forgotten loves?

Let me know!
Love,

Sophia

xo

3 comments:

  1. You look lovely.The shorts are very pretty,i will be looking for some like these i think :)
    Reading this has made me want to dig out some of my old (not old old haha) make up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much honey! That's really sweet :-)

    Yeah I know what you mean - I buy so much new make-up that I forget about the old stuff!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely FOTD :) do check my blog sweety may be we follow each other?
    www.beautifullflavya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete