Friday 13 July 2012

LUSH haul: My new skincare routine for oily and blemish prone skin

Hey lovelies!

TGIF!!! I hope you've lots of nice things planned for the weekend :-)

Recently my skin has been playing up REALLY badly! :-( it's covered it blemishes and I just can't seem to clear it. I thought, rather than choosing skincare from drugstores like Boots or Superdrug, I'd go au naturel - opting for cruelty-free brand, Lush.
Clockwise from top left: 9-5 Cleansing Lotion, Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap, Tea Tree Water Popular Toner, Mask of Magnaminty Face and Back Pack, Enzymion Facial Moisturiser, Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask

I've overhauled my entire skincare regime, so I've bought all my current skincare from LUSH. I'm a bit anal about things like that, I have to have everything 'matching'! 

Here's what I hauled...

Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap
I'll be using this in the mornings to clean my face. I haven't used a traditional 'soap' to use my face before - normally I opt for gel or cream facial washes. I was drawn to this facial soap as it contains chamomile, lavender and tea tree oil which should help heal my blemishes. It's also really mild so I'm hoping it will help to calm down my problem skin.

I've used this product on and off for a couple of years but I'm hoping it will work better when used in conjunction with other Lush skincare products. Anyone who has oily/blemished skin will know that tea tree is a wonder product for healing the skin. It's an antibacterial and antiseptic oil that should hopefully balance out my face. I'll be using this after Fresh Farmacy to remove any cleanser residue and to refresh my face.

I tried out a couple of moisturisers in the Lush range but this one stood out for me by a mile! Moisturisers have to leave my skin feeling matte as it's SO oily! I hate it when it leaves an oily residue. The thing that drew me to this moisturiser at first was the smell. It smells DELICIOUS, like fresh oranges! I don't know about you, but I love to have nice smelling things on my face :-) Although Enzymiom contains essential oils, it's supposed to be perfect for oily skin like my own. It contains freshly squeezed lemon juice, papaya and cocoa butter. YUM! I'll be using this after Fresh Farmacy and Tea Tree Toner in the mornings and evenings :-)

I bought this to use as a make-up remover. I had my eye on Ultrabland but it looked too thick for my oily skin. According to the woman that worked here, this works as effectively as their popular Ultrabland - it's just a little thinner. It contains Almond Oil (I've heard Miranda Kerr is a fan of this vegan oil) and Fresh Dove Orchid Extract, and is scented with the natural fragrance of honeysuckle and ylang ylang. It's named after the classic Dolly Porton track '9 to 5' which apparently means that this cleanser is ideal for use in a lady's busy schedule! I'll be applying this with a cotton pad in the evenings, and I'll use Tea Tree Toner afterwards.

I try and use a face scrub twice a week, but I admit I'm lazy and I often don't scrub all week! I did have my eye on Ocean Salt, but the consultant said that this would be too harsh for my skin. She advised me to buy this product, which is actually a face mask but can be used as a scrub too. It's said to fight breakouts and return skin to its normal condition. Sounds good to me - I'm always breaking out! As you can probably tell from the name, it contains fresh mint as well. Apparently, the peppermint oil that's used works to stimulate the blood vessels beneath the skin's surface. It also contains honey, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds. Hopefully it helps to clear up my skin!

Last but not least, I picked up one of Lush's infamous Fresh Face masks. I actually got this for free as I bought in five empty pots - RESULT! I chose Love Lettuce as it appeared to be an exfoliating mask, which is definitely what my blemished skin needs. This seaweed mask claims to clear away dead skin and brighten the face, whilst gently exfoliating it. It contains honey, almond oil, ground almonds and lavender oil. It smells gorgeous - so fresh and lovely! From what I've used of this, it works amazingly well!!! 

So that's what I've picked up for now! As I mentioned, my skintype is oily/blemish prone so what works for me, may not work for you.

I'll keep you guys posted with how my skin turns out :-)

What are you using on your skin at the moment? Tempted by Lush?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out on my most recent blogpost, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Check out my blog www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk , I post random posts, including fashion, tv, music & books etc and I ALWAYS follow back, so follow me if you like on Bloglovin and GFC :)

    ReplyDelete