Sunday 22 July 2012

Primark summer '12 haul: Work blouses

Hey loves!

I hope you've had a fab weekend :-) how lucky were we with the weather! I even got my legs out for the first time in ages today! 

Recently I nipped into Primark and bought a couple of new tops to wear to work. I wanted something that would be smart, stylish & comfortable, and found these goodies...

Cream collar blouse - £8.00
First up is this gorgeous cream blouse. I have a really similar long-sleeved version actually that I picked up in my Primark winter '11 haul so figured I'd pick up the sleeveless version, too. I love the scalloped collar especially! I like to wear this with either black leather trousers or skinny jeans, teamed with a pair of chic pumps.

Cream floral edge waterfall blouse - £14.00
Next up is this beautiful floral-edged blouse. It looks lovely from the front, but looks even nicer from the back, where it's slightly longer. It goes out a little at the sides which annoys me, but I love the design and the gold buttons. I like to wear this with a pair of bleach-wash skinny jeans and nude accessories.

 Teal embellished collar blouse - £12.00
I also bought this gorgeous teal aztec-style blouse. The intricate beading was what swayed me, it reminds me of Morocco/Sex and the City 2! I just think the colour is so striking as well, and really suits a tanned complexion. I tone down the detail with a pair of simple black skinnies - but sport a pair of neon orange nails to accentuate the orange in the collar.

Cream floral stripe blouse - £12.00
Lastly, I bought this horizontal floral print blouse, which is the only top I bought with sleeves! Usually, I wouldn't opt for horizontal stripes but this is actually quite deceiving as the way the top fits means it's still quite flattering. It's really loose and comfy and I can wear it with either the buttons done all the way up for a smarter look, or undone for a more casual look. I just team it with jeans but it can definitely be worn dressed up or down!

Have you hauled Primark recently? Where do you get your work clothes from?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

6 comments:

  1. I love the first two esp the 2nd one its stunning. I have a pretty pink one with a frill collar from Primark.

    I really would like that 2nd one though might have to have a look for that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all so beautiful, so perfect! i really wish we had primark here in los angeles. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you have bought! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous work tops.. with this in expected summer weather in summer I have found I have a shortage of work tops.lol
    I did a brief matalan sale haul recently and picked up a couple of short sleeve light tops..
    Caroline.x

    starsandthebutterflies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got some really beautiful tops

    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Brunette Diaries I love the first one too, it's so simple and stylish! Hope you managed to find the 2nd one :)
    @Mimi Aww yeah Primark is amazing! What bargain stores have you got over there?
    @Emily Grace! Thanks hun, it was a successful shopping trip :)!
    @Caroline Ooh I need to go to Matalan - thanks for reminding me!
    @Elysa Thanks lovely :)
    @Adele Ooh I may do just that! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete