Sunday 8 July 2012

A lovely gift: NARS LE Blush & Bronzer Trio in Orgasm, Laguna, Albatross and FOTD!

Hey ladies!

How are you all? I hope you've had a lovely weekend! If yours is anything like mine - it's gone far too quick, right?! It's been non-stop!

Anyways I thought I'd share with you a lovely gift that I received recently. It's the NARS Blush & Bronzing Trio that my other half treated me to for our anniversary. Needless to say I was very happy with my gift! :-D haha. I bought the NARS Blush & Bronzing Duo a couple of years ago, but I lost it, and I was missing my Laguna fix!

Outer packaging:
There's something about the NARS packaging that just screams luxe! To me, NARS is absolutely a luxury, and so I love opening it and seeing the NARS logo. 

Inner packaging:
The inner packaging of the trio is different to the duo. The duo is your standard flip top bronzing case, but this is a zip up material compartment. I actually really love this, it's something a bit different - and very sturdy!

Inner shades:

From L-R: Orgasm, Albatross, Laguna

It features 3 of NARS' most infamous shades - Orgasm blush, Albatross highlight, and Laguna bronzer. You may be interested in reading my Massive ELF haul part 1 - Make-up and FOTD! post, where I compared the NARS Bronzing/Blush duo to the ELF Bronzing/Blush duo. They are remarkably similar! :-)

Swatches:
(top without flash, bottom with flash)
From L-R: Orgasm, Albatross, Laguna


(excuse my hairy arms!) As you can see, Orgasm is a peachy toned pink with gold shimmer.  Albatross is a striking white shade with white shimmer, and Laguna is a tan brown shade with faint gold shimmer.


More swatches:
(top without flash, bottom with flash)


From L-R: Orgasm, Albatross, Laguna


These swatches are more heavy handed, but it shows just how pigmented the products truly are! 

FOTD:

FACE: MAC Fix+, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Hour Effect Foundation (52 Rose Clair - applied with an ELF Foundation Brush), NARS Blush & Bronzing Trio, MAC Fix+

EYES: Soap & Glory SUPERCAT on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick on bottom waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara. Mac Brow Pencil in Dirty Blonde to fill in brows.

LIPS: NARS LE Lipstick in Mayflower


To me, the quality of these shades are just second to none. Orgasm is so lovely and you need just one swipe on an angled brusher brush for rosy cheeks. Laguna is the perfect bronzer for my NC15 skin. It comes out quite dark, so I find I need to go over it again with a large powder brush to really blend it in. I apply Albatross with my fingers, and wipe a little over my brow bone, bridge of my nose and upper temple. 

You can view the NARS Blush & Bronzer Trio on the NARS website. It retails for £39.00.

Have you tried NARS Orgasm, Albatross or Laguna before? Are you a fan?!

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo


2 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous pressie :)..im obsessed with orgasm ive used it practically every day since i purchased it a year ago ha.. would love to try laguna :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg . love your review :)
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete