Monday 9 April 2012

Weekend OOTN, FOTN and NOTN: Celeb inspired New Look cut-out shoulder dress

Hey loves!

I hope you've had a fab Easter Weekend :-) I've certainly eaten more chocolate over the past two days than I have done in the entire year! LOL

So recently I read a blog post by Jenni Farley, AKA Jersey Shore's JWOWW, titled 'Fresh To Death: Sexy Shoulders' where she discussed the trend of cutout shoulders. Here's what she had to say...

"Baring sexy shoulders is a slimming look because it elongates your figure and brings more attention upward. I went with a cutout look when Snooks and I were on Good Morning America back in February and more recently was snapped taking this style to the gym, so it’s definitely versatile."

I did some further research and noticed some of my fave celebs have rocked the trend recently...
Photobucket
From L-R: Kim Kardashian, Sammi Giancola (Jersey Shore), Fergie (Black Eyed Peas) in cutout shoulder dresses

Seeing these sexy ladies rock the trend inspired me to do the same, and I worked the look on Saturday night with friends in town. Here's my OOTN, FOTN and NOTN :-)

OOTN:
Photobucket
Cut out bodycon dress - New Look (link!)
Black waist belt - Moschino (vintage)
Nude patent heels - Barratts (link!) (see blog post)
Nude patent clutch - New Look
Tan - St Tropez Wash Off

Accessories detail:
Photobucket
Shoulder cut out detail; Nude patent accessories; Hot pink make-up

FOTN:
Photobucket
FACE: Aldi Lacura Shimmering Day Cream (applied using MAC 190 Foundation Brush), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), YSL Touche Eclat (#1), Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation Faker (02 Medium), Benefit Dallas Bronzer (applied with unbranded bronzing brush), Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach). Set using TIGI Bedhead Masterpiece Hairspray.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Sleek Storm Palette (taupe shade as base - black shade in corners, both applied using Cosmopolitan Smokey Eyes Base Brush), Soap & Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Gloss liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Black) on bottom lid, 2 coats of CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara (Black).

EYEBROWS: Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance (Brown) applied using W7 Angled Eyeshadow Brush.

LIPS: LUSH Bubblegum lip scrub and Carmex Original lip balm to prime, Rimmel Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lip Liner in 002 Be A Star to line, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 320 Funtime Fuschia (all applied using The Body Shop lip brush). Lipcote to seal.

HAIR: Curled using GHD Original Irons, brushed through and then set with TIGI Bedhead Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray.

TAN: St Tropez Wash Off applied with The Body Shop Tanning Mitt.

NOTN:
Nails Inc - Shoreditch

I loved adding a pop of colour with the hot pink nails and lips - the outfit would've been a bit bland otherwise!

Have you been inspired by any celebs this week? What look did you rock over the weekend? Send me your links!

Thanks for reading.

Love,

Sophia

xo


3 comments:

  1. I really like how you do your hair! You should definitely do a post on how you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses are so cute! Love how you did your make-up, very chic :)

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katrin Aww thank you so much hun! I will definitely try and get round to doing that at some point :-) xxx

    @Marija I know, I love all 3 looks! Thank you hun, it takes me ages to do my make-up haha!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete