Wednesday 4 April 2012

OOTD, FOTD and NOTD ft Estee Lauder Double Wear Light mini review

Hey loves!

I hope you've all had a great Wednesday - we're finally mid-week, hoorah!

So I went out for a meal for my boyfriend's birthday (all you can eat Indian, YUM) and I styled a little smart/casual ensemble. I also showcased a new foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. I've only got a tiny free sample from the MUA, but I've got a good first impression of what it's like already! So here's what I wore...

OOTD:

Striped tee - New Look (last year)
Black linen chinos - ASOS Petite (last year)
Tan moccasins - Dorothy Perkins (see blog post)
Tan waist belt - H&M (last year)
Nude bag - Next (link!)

I added this jacket as it was a bit nippy outside!

All same as above, except jacket from F&F at Tesco (see blog post!)

I picked this bag up from Next recently and I love it! It's big enough to fit all my stuff in (I'm one of those girls that throws EVERYTHING in their bag!) and it features really chic gold detailing. I may well do a 'what's in my bag?' post soon, let me know if you're interested!

FOTD:
FACE: Aldi Lacura Shimmering Day Cream as primer (applied using MAC 190 Foundation Brush, blended using ELF Stippling Brush), Estee Lauder Doublewear Concealer, Estee Lauder Doublewear Light Foundation (1), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer (#51 - applied using ELF Stippling Brush). MAC Fix+ to finish.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Sleek Storm Palette (taupe and matte brown shades), Soap and Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Gloss liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick on lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara.

LIPS: Carmex Original lip balm to prime, Sleek Pout Polish in Sugar May.

I used my sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and my first impressions of it are VERY good! I'm a huge fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear, but it was a really hot day and I didn't fancy caking my face in it, so I tried the Light version instead. It definitely felt 'lighter' to apply! I was also really impressed with the finish - it's lovely and dewy, and leaves a really nice, 'finished' glow to the skin. However, the shade was slightly too dark - there's only 5 shades in DWL but 25 in DW! - and I did feel like I could 'feel' the product on my skin afterwards. I'm going to keep using it and see how I get on! But I loved the way it made my skin look!

NOTD:
Kardashian Kolor (Nicole by OPI) - Kourt is ready for a pedi

I went for this tomato red shade from Nicole by OPI as -

1) The colour matched the stripes on my t-shirt (see above)
2) I love the longevity of OPI nail colours - it stops me biting my nails!
3) I was having a Kardashian lusting moment!

I've definitely got my eye on some of the OPI Holland colours - I may well invest in a cheeky few OPI purchases soon!

Have you tried Estee Lauder Double Wear Light?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. i love your outfit! and i also love your fotd, you look very pretty! :D

    p.s. i've never tried estee lauder double wear light, but it sounds amazing, i might give it a try sometime soon. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete