Saturday 7 April 2012

Massive ELF haul part 2 - Nails and NOTD!

Hey loves!

I hope you're all having a FAB Saturday! I've been working out & catching up with my fave telly (Idol all the way baby!) so it's been a pretty chilled one for me :-)

Now I hope you all enjoyed reading the first part of my ELF haul (make-up) which I posted on Thurs :-) I promised you the next part, so here it is!

Photobucket

I did indeed make a cheeky nail polish haul, too! However they were SUCH bargains! As I mentioned before, I made my haul when ELF were offering 50% off the entire website. So their nail polishes, which were usually just £1.50 each, were now only 75p each! So my nail varnish haul came to a bargain 3 QUID! :-D Here's what shades I picked up...

Red Velvet:
(left without flash, right with flash)

The first of the shades I selected was Red Velvet. I'm a big red lip/red nails person, and I couldn't resist this shade! It's a very bright tomato red, but with fine shimmer that glistens in the light. It's actually VERY shimmery, and to be honest that's not really up my street - I prefer my nail colours creamy and bold!

Cranberry:
(left without flash, right with flash)

On the website, this shade looked very similar to Red Velvet (above) but I couldn't distinguish between the two, so I bought them both! Cranberry is actually much more suited to my taste than Red Velvet, as it's a darker shade of red - leaning towards burgundy. I will definitely get more wear out of this, so I'm really glad I picked it up! Also the shimmer isn't as apparent which suits me :-)

Metal Madness:
(left without flash, right with flash)

Aah, I love this shade! It's an absolute BARGAIN at just 75p! To be honest this shade wouldn't look out of place within an OPI/Nails Inc range as it's that good. As the name 'Metal Madness' suggests, it's a metallic gunmetal silver shade with VERY fine shimmer in it. It's so creamy and pigmented that you need just one coat for full opacity - this is the shade I would recommend the most and it's what I'm wearing on my nails today!

Golden Goddess:
(left without flash, right with flash)

This was probably my least favourite shade of the bunch if I'm honest. It's VERY similar to my Saffron Gold nail polish (that I blogged about here). They both feature chunky gold glitter particles (alongside silver particles too) - it's a shade that doesn't really look right on its own. It would definitely look better on top of a black or gold shade. It's just not very eye catching otherwise!

Overall, I'm half and half about the ELF nail polishes - but for what I paid for them (just 75p each!) I can't really complain. If you're thinking of investing, I would definitely give them a try though!

As per usual, I used OPI Nail Envy (Original) as a base coat, 2 coats of colour, before applying my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to finish! These are absolutely necessary items for me!

Have you bought anything from ELF recently? What are your suggestions? I would love to know!

Thanks for reading.

Love,

Sophia

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment