Sunday 1 April 2012

Bargains of the Month! March '12

Hey loves!

I hope you're enjoying this stunning Sunday, wherever you are! :-) Typically, we had a BBQ yesterday - the only day in the week that was chilly! Oh well, it was yummy nonetheless!

So I try to include my bargains of the week every week! However I've accumulated quite a few bargains this month, and it seemed only right to do a Bargains of the Month post instead!

Most of the products above cost just £1! I've been a bit skint this month (no change there then) so you won't see a lot of high-end stuff, but these are just the things that I wanted to share with you because they are super bargains!

Schwarzkopf Gliss Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioner - £1 each - Poundland

I always buy my shampoo and conditioner from Poundland! I prefer to just buy the cheap stuff, and then use a more expensive intensive conditioner afterwards, such as Aussie or TRESemme. I thought I would give this range a try as I recently dyed my hair and I wanted to keep the colour locked in. I have to say it's definitely kept my colour in - but it doesn't leave my hair feeling that glossy. It's OK though, because I use my TRESemme hair mask, and then the Moroccanoil Treatment afterwards, so it's still lovely and glossy! You can't go wrong for £1 either really, it usually retails for £2 in pharmacies etc!

Pearl Drops Toothpolish - £1 - Poundland

Now this stuff I swear by. I brush my teeth twice a day using your standard Colgate/Aquafresh, and then I use this afterwards (or when I've got a special occasion). I certainly notice a change after I've used this, compared to when I just use normal toothpaste. For those that don't know, I also REALLY hate the taste of spearmint, but luckily this is freshmint which is a really mild mint taste. In fact, this is so good I might stock up on some of the other varieties in Poundland - such as the Hollywood smile one. Pearldrops normally retail for £2-5 in Boots/Superdrug. What do you use for teeth whitening?


This is normally £1.99 but I bought it when it was on a half price offer! I went to buy the Batiste Brunette Dry Shampoo that I normally get, but I couldn't resist the price tag of this one instead. Honestly there's no difference between them at all - Superdrug have come up trumps with this! I'm SO glad they've brought out a brunette dry shampoo - being a dark-haired lady, the normal dry shampoos just show up in my hair too much, whereas the ones specifically for brunettes blend in much better. It doesn't work well enough for me to confidently wear my hair down - I never do unless my hair is just washed anyway! - but it definitely soaks up some of the oil in the roots etc. Will be buying again :-) oh and btw, it doesn't smell like chocolate brownie! :-(

FREEDOM at TOPSHOP Torque Necklace - £1.50 - TOPSHOP

I bought one of these necklaces after seeing Leanne Marie blog about it! I knew I had to have one as it's such a versatile item and it could dress up any outfit. When I first saw this necklace in TOPSHOP, I wasn't sure, but I went back to it and snapped it up! I spotted the original price tag (£8.50!!!) and knew it was too good to miss! I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this, whether it's to jazz up a simple jumper or a bodycon dress!


I've been looking for a new duvet cover for a while now, and when spring approaches I'm always on the hunt for springtime items! This lavender bedspread fitted the bill perfectly - I ALWAYS wear lavender (my lavender jeans are getting a lot of wear at the mo!) and it's a colour that just gets me in the spring mood :-D Best of all, it was reduced from £9.99 to a bargain £4.99! YAY!

Clear Stackable Pots - £1 - The Works

I've been looking for clear plastic pots so that I can de-pot some of my make-up, such as my Soleil Tan de Chanel (a la Bubblegarm!) I also use them for hand cream - I cut open the hand cream when I can't get any more out, and scoop it out into a little pot instead! I hate waste, me! Unfortunately I didn't realise that these pots HAD to be stacked on top of each other - eg they wouldn't have a lid if you removed it! So hopefully I'll find a good use for them! Any ideas? LOL

So that's my bargains of the month - I hope you enjoyed it guys! Sorry it wasn't more glamorous! Hopefully soon I will be buying lots more make-up, believe me I've got my eye on SOO much! You just need to have a little nosey at my Make-up Wishlist down the right side and you'll see... At the moment I'm lusting after the Revlon Lip Butters... a new Benefit primer... the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum, aah, the list is endless!

Have you tried any of these products? What are your bargains of the week/month?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo


2 comments:

  1. That necklace is so cute!

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! Not bad for £1.50 :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete