Thursday 21 February 2013

SS13 Sales Shopping: Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, River Island, Next

Hey loves!

Hope you're all well :-)

Recently, I've been doing a spot of sales shopping - I say a spot, I mean a lot - and have picked up some mega bargains!
Some of it I picked up in store, others I picked up online but ALL of it with take into SS13 in style :-) most of it was half price or less so I'm chuffed with what I picked up! Check out what I bought here...

Next:

Can you believe I brought a load of stuff back?! Here's what made the cut...
Black lace blouse - WAS £26 NOW £12
The first item I picked up was this gorgeous lace top blouse - apologies for the creases! It's perfect for work as it's stylish and practical and I've been wearing it with plain black skinny jeans.
Cream lace blouse - WAS £26 NOW £12
I also bought the cream version of the blouse as I figured it would be perfect for taking me into spring, with a pair of lilac skinny jeans or floral skater skirt.
Nude pointed heels - WAS £30 NOW £12
THIS is where my patent pointed heels obsession started! I'd seen all the celebs wearing them - namely Kim K! - and I knew I needed a pair! They're perfect for dressing up a look or taking it from day to night.
Nude platform courts - WAS £30 NOW £14
I actually already have this exact pair of heels - Next, no less - but I wear them all the time and they're pretty worn down so thought I'd invest in another pair!
Cream lace pashmina - WAS £16 NOW £8
I'm a big fan of pashminas in the spring / summer as I get cold easily so this is ideal for adding a touch of warmth and style at the same time.
Floral slipper boots - WAS £16 NOW £8
A girl can never have too many slippers, right? These floral print slipper boots are perfect for taking me into spring.
Tan leather iPad case - WAS £30 NOW £14
Tan leather Kindle case - WAS £18 NOW £8
Both absolute bargains, these real leather iPad / Kindle cases are stylish, durable and practical. I'm a bit obsessed with tan leather as well so they match my Filofax in my handbag... Geek :-)
Tan leather clutch bag - WAS £28 NOW £14
This is actually an iPad case but I use it as a clutch bag. It's really versatile and can be added to any look.
Black statement necklace - WAS £14 NOW £6
I have recently adopted a new motto - you can never have too many statement necklaces! This is more one for autumn / winter but it's great for adding a touch of glam to a nighttime look.
Marilyn Monroe make-up bag - WAS £5 NOW £2
OK, so I don't technically *need* another make-up bag, but it's cute, has Marilyn Monroe on the front and it was only two quid...
Earmuff headphones - WAS £12 NOW £6
These were so handy in the winter! It saved me carrying around a pair of headphones AND a pair of earmuffs in my already bursting bag. They were a little quiet, though.

River Island:

Like with Next, I bought a *load* of stuff from River Island, but only decided to keep these two. That's good for me!
Sleeveless neon shirt - WAS £20 NOW £10
I already have this shirt in the black shade and it fits really well. I like to wear sleeveless shirts like these and adding a cardigan/blazer on top that can be taken off it it gets too hot. This coral version will add a pop of colour to a sunny springtime look.
Floral t-shirt dress - WAS £35 NOW £10
This dress is a little deceiving as it's longer at the back than it is at the front. I've seen a lot of celebs wearing dresses like these on the red carpet - Marion Cotillard springs to mind - and I think it looks really chic. I wore this frock to a friend's 21st birthday meal and I think it suited the occasion pretty well, but it would look equally good on a packed dancefloor with a pair of neon heels.

Dorothy Perkins:

Tuxedo blazer - WAS £40 NOW £22
Demi Lovato inspired me to get a tuxedo jacket like this as she always looks so good in them when she wears them with her Topshop Leigh skinnies. I'll be styling it the same way - although I think it would dress up a simple LBD as well.
Leather sleeve biker jacket - WAS £49 NOW £25
I've seen loads of celebs - Jennifer Lawrence, Amanda Seyfried etc - wearing these jackets with leather sleeves and I just love them. I'm a massive fan of the leather trend and I don't need an excuse to wear it! This simple jacket with leather sleeves will go with everything in my wardrobe.
Kardashian Kollection dress - WAS £40 NOW £20
Another Kardashian inspired purchase! I saw Kim wearing the black version at Westfield Shepherds Bush when they launched their Kardashian Kollection range at Dorothy Perkins and it looked amazing on her. I already have a black bandage dress in a similar style so I opted for the emerald green version instead. With the shade being Pantone's Colour of 2013, I knew it would take me into spring in style. I'll be wearing it with nude patent court shoes, Kim style.

Topshop:

I was a couple of days late with the Topshop sale so I didn't quite get as much as I'd liked. A blessing in disguise I expect, otherwise I'd have bought A LOT more!

Khaki Baxter jeans - WAS £40 NOW £20
I've been wearing these religiously since I bought them - in fact, I'm wearing them right now! Topshop jeans - especially the Baxter jeans in Petite - just fit me really well and last ages. This khaki version are great if, like me, you live in black jeans! They add a bit of colour and interest to an outfit.
Floral peplum skirt - WAS £25 NOW £12
I literally cannot wait to wear this! Peplum shapes tend to flatter my hourglass figure and I'm a big fan of winter florals at the moment. I'll be wearing it with an off-the-shoulder black top and a fuchsia pink lip.
Statement necklace - WAS £12.50 NOW £8.25
Another statement necklace to add a touch of glam to a look. Also, it can be worn with gold OR silver accessories - win!
Floral blazer - WAS £68 NOW £30
Possibly my favourite sale purchase of them all! I've wanted a floral blazer for ages and this one is just perfect. I love the neon detail in it as well as it can be worn with neon accessories or clothing like the River Island blouse (above). I actually bought this blazer in FOUR different sizes just to ensure the fit was perfect. A bit obsessive I know...
Did you pick up anything nice in the sales? Let me know in the comments or over on Twitter :-)
Love,
Sophia
xo


 

3 comments:

  1. wow you got some right bargins and lovely items!
    love the floral tshirt dress from river island.. i missed that on my search!lol and like the floral blazer from topshop too..
    some good staple items. :)
    Caroline.x

    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun! I'm a big fan of florals too :-)

    Checking out your blog now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection of dress dear. Just include one thing for perfect dressing that is my favorite Earmuff Headphones.

    ReplyDelete