Saturday 23 February 2013

Topshop makeup haul: Highlighter in Sunbeam, Cream Blush in Flush, Kohl in Saddle

Hey ladies!

I hope you're having a great day :-)

Recently, I paid a visit to Topshop and picked up a couple of make up items. I've reviewed their make up before and always held it in quite high regard - especially after finding out it's made in the same factory as MAC! - so I was eager to try out some more makeup from Topshop.
I bought Topshop's Highlighter in Saddle, Cream Blush in Flush and Kohl in Saddle. Here's what I thought of them...

Highlighter in Sunbeam - £10

The first thing I noticed about this was how HUGE it was! It's a massive 6.5g which will go a long way.
It's a stunning yellow-gold shade that I don't own anything like in my collection.
I compared it to two similar products I own - GOSH Giant Sun Bronzing Powder and the highlight in 17 Blush & Go - and unsurprisingly they were so different.
As you can see in the pan, GOSH (left) looks tan/gold, 17 (centre) looks white and Topshop (right) looks yellow.
Highlighter in Sunbeam comparison swatches:
(left without flash, right with flash)
Middle - Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam
The swatches pretty much matched what they looked like in the pan. 17 (top) looks most white, GOSH (bottom) looks tan/gold and the new Topshop one looks like a shimmery yellow-gold. It's love!


I also picked up one of their acclaimed cream blushes in the bloggers' favourite shade, Flush.

I wanted to get my hands on Flush after Holly (Yummy Mummy Beauty Blog) raved about it ages ago. Thanks, Holly!
Again you get a lot of bang for your buck and the packaging is decorated in a quirky spot print.
In the pan, it looks like a VERY bright coral-pink but it's a lot more toned down on the skin.
I compared it to some similar cream blushes in my collection and I did actually find some very similar.
Cream Blush in Flush comparison swatches:
(left without flash, right with flash)
Middle - Topshop Cream Blush in Flush

Flush was most similar to Benefit Posie Tint (top) but they're very different consistencies and Topshop is MUCH cheaper! No7 Cream Blush wasn't very close as it was more of a rose pink shade.


The final item I bought in my haul was this bargain eye pencil!

It's called Saddle and I thought it would be a standard matte brown shade.
It's actually more of a golden bronze shade which isn't what I was expecting. Here's a couple of comparison swatches...
Kohl in Saddle comparison swatches:
(left without flash, right with flash)
Top - Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick in Brown
Middle - Topshop Kohl in Saddle
Bottom - No7 Exceptional Eyes in Brown

As you can see, Saddle is definitely the darkest but it's also the most shimmery! I don't know about you but I am NOT a shimmer person. It's been sat in my drawer for a while...


I used all of the products above on my face so you can see what they look like in real life.

FOTD:
FACE: MAC Fix+ to prime, MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02 Medium, MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC15 (applied with MAC 190 Brush and Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge), MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light (applied with ELF Studio Complexion Brush), MAC Blush in Harmony (applied with MAC 129 Brush), Topshop Cream Blush in Flush, Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam, MAC Fix+ to finish.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original, Sleek Storm Palette in taupe and mid brown shades, Topshop Kohl in Saddle, Benefit They're Real Mascara.

EYEBROWS: Topshop Kohl in Saddle.


What are your favourite Topshop make-up products? Let me know I'm the comments or over on Twitter now!

Love,
Sophia
xo




3 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! I have flush and it's such a wearable colour, look a bit scary in the pan though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the sunbeam and love it! I wasn't sure when buying it, but since using it I love it.
    Like the look of that blush.. May have to check that out. :)
    Caroline.x

    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Eloise Thank you hun! Yeah I agree - but most blushes are I find! It's always worth the risk ;-)

    @ Caroline I fell in love with Sunbeam too! Have you tried their cream blushes? They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete