Tuesday 13 March 2012

Snooki inspired outfit with leopard print accessories! Weekend OOTN, FOTN and NOTN

Good evening lovelies!

I hope you've all had a happy Tuesday :-) I got my workout in early and cooked myself a healthy lunch and dinner so that's all good in the hood!

Photobucket


OK so I don't know about you guys but I am OBSESSED with Jersey Shore! My sister got me into it a couple of years ago and I've watched every episode since. I think it's the Italian connection, I can totally relate to the whole sitting around the table for Sunday dinner thing! Ever since Sammi ditched Ronnie, she's been my favourite star, but Snooki (who's not actually Italian) has got to be up there, too. Not only infamous for her heavy drinking (which I'm sure is in the past now she's preggers) but she's also known for her... shall we say, unique, style? Jerseylicious baby! Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have the guts (or the figure) to wear half the stuff she does, but I like how she always adds a touch of glam to her outfits, for example with the leopard print (seen above). It breaks up all black and gives you something to draw your attention to - a look I rocked at the weekend...

OOTN:

Tuxedo dress - ASOS Petite (link!)
Leopard print clutch - Dorothy Perkins (see blog post)
Leopard print heels - eBay seller (originally New Look)
Waist belt - Vintage Moschino

I chose this dress because the V neck design (pinched in at the waist with a patent belt) suited my curvy hourglass figure. I added leopard print accessories, a la Snooki and the Kardashian clan, to give my look a bit of an 'edge'! I got the clutch for a fiver in the Dorothy Perkins sale a couple of months ago and I bought the shoes from a random eBay seller for about £10 (they matched the leopard print design exactly as well!)

Accessories detail:
From L-R: Leopard print accessories; Tuxedo detail; Patent waist belt
Considering I based this look on the Queen of Jersey, I actually think this look was pretty chic. I guess it could've gone either way, depending on how I did my hair and make-up!

FOTN:

FACE: Benefit That Gal Brightening Primer, Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous Foundation Faker (02 Medium), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), YSL Touche Eclat (#1), Benefit Dallas Bronzer (applied with an unbranded bronzing brush), Benefit Coralista Blusher (applied using Cosmopolitan Blusher Brush), Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach). Held using TIGI Masterpiece Hairspray.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Sleek Storm Palette (taupe, dark brown and matte black shades), Soap & Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Gloss liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Black) on lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara. Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance applied with W7 Angled Brush.

LIPS: LUSH Bubblegum lip scrub & Carmex Original lip balm to prime. L'Oreal Kiss Proof Lipstick and Lipgloss in Shade 514.

I pretty much wear the same make-up every time I go out. I chose a glossy red lip to add a bit of colour to the look. Looking back I probably do wear too much make-up, will try and wear less next time! Btw I dyed my hair using Schwarzkopf XXL Dark Spice, which was supposed to be dark red, but as you can see, is dark brown! D'oh...


NOTN:

ELF Nail Polish in Cranberry

This was the closest colour I could find to match my lips! I did a MASSIVE ELF haul recently that I can't wait to share with you guys, but just to let you know for now that their regular line of nail polishes is freaking AMAZING! £1.50 and brilliant quality, lasting 3-4 without chipping with a decent top coat.

What did you wear out at the weekend? Would you take style tips from Snooki? Don't worry, I won't be offended! (much, haha)

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. Love the clutch and your make-up looks wonderful!

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you honey! :-) Ooh I'm checking out your blog now! Xxx

    ReplyDelete